Does INTRO TO GENERAL CHEMISTRY count toward prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrandonX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry could not find the anwser anywhere on here. I was also looking at the aacom sites for something along the line of "Introduction courses are not consider toward prerequisites" with no luck.

Yes, the CC also offer GENERAL CHEMISTRY I and II.

Thanks,
Brandon

Edit: The INTRO TO GENERAL CHEMISTRY is also a prerequisites inorder to take GENERAL CHEMISTRY I.

Members don't see this ad.

No, it does not. You can probably go right into G. chem I if you took it in HS and passed. Talk to your academic advisor.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it does not. You can probably go right into G. chem I if you took it in HS and passed. Talk to your academic advisor.

At my school its largely based on how well you do on your ACT or how well you did on the chemistry pre-test given at orientation.

At my school its largely based on how well you do on your ACT or how well you did on the chemistry pre-test given at orientation.
For sure, I'm sure the CC, OP is at has some sort of placement test or something. But, if you can avoid it, no use wasting your time with Into to Chem.

If I remember correctly, Intro to Gen Chem doesn't count toward the pre-reqs for medical school; however, it does count toward your science GPA.

No it doesn't. My university offers something similar, it is like a remedial class for those that didn't take chemistry in High School. General Chemistry (the one after the intro) is the one you need to take. However I think it does count toward the science GPA.