Does it matter how many creds I get where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tatu78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Straight to the point, does it matter where the 120 creds come from? Of course it has to be reasonable, but in my case, I would have done 60 creds in CC, will be doing 50 in university and 12 creds from CLEP. Do i have to do 60 at a university or is my case fine?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your pre-requisites has to be taken preferably in a 4 year university. Some dental schools stress this over than others. I would call or email the admission office if you are still worried.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you getting a bachelors? If yes then I wouldn't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you getting a bachelors? If yes then I wouldn't sweat it.

Yes, I will be getting a bachelors.

It's just that in most sites, they just say that they want max of 60 from cc. I will try to email them but I thought Id ask here first just in case you guys knew some info on it.

It's not an issue then. As long as most of the advanced science classes were done at the 4 year.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all,

Straight to the point, does it matter where the 120 creds come from? Of course it has to be reasonable, but in my case, I would have done 60 creds in CC, will be doing 50 in university and 12 creds from CLEP. Do i have to do 60 at a university or is my case fine?

Thanks!

pre-reqs should be from a 4 yr university

Don't go over 60 is what I see most people saying.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it's- up to 60 credits at a CC (depending on the school) and you must have at least 30 credits from a 4 year university (a requirement for every school I believe).

I believe it's- up to 60 credits at a CC (depending on the school) and you must have at least 30 credits from a 4 year university (a requirement for every school I believe).
Oh if it's 30 then Im all set!:)