Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Does it really matter what you make on Step 2

Discussion in 'Step I' started by minime, Nov 15, 2002.

1. minime

minime Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I wondered if it really made any difference what you make on step 2 as long as you pass? Haven't you already applied for the match and prospective residency program will only see step 1?
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mrpeters714

mrpeters714 Member
    7+ Year Member

Not if you go to a school that requires you to take Step 2 within three months of finishing third year (like my school, UCSD. Any others?) Or if you just want to take it early in case you did poorly on Step 1 and want to show that you've turned things around.

-mrp

4. Mary the Med Student

10+ Year Member

Don't worry about step 2 unless you're nutty and want to do optho, derm, etc. For those of us who just wanna do peds or family practice, just f*cking pass and you'll be fine.

-Mary

5. nychick

nychick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you are an FMG/IMG some programs require that you pass with a score of 80+. However, this depends on the program and you would have to find out whether it applies to you.

6. Fanconi

Fanconi Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mary...:laugh: Finally! Someone else not afraid to drop the f-bomb. I'm taking step 2 on Monday and have really not been good about studying. I'll let y'all know how wingin' it works for me (or doesn't) in a few weeks. :rolleyes: