1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Does it really matter?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by [email protected], Aug 25, 2000.

1. H@FAU

[email protected] Junior Member

When applying to dental school does it really matter that much which one you go to? Will the career that you have be affected by which university you graduated from and will the training you receive be that different from school to school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DBEAR

DBEAR Member
    10+ Year Member

I am in dental school right now and I have asked other students from other schools how their dental school compares to mine. I would say that about 1/3 are as good as mine or better and probably 1/2 a little bit worse than mine and the last 1/6 of schools a lot worse than mine. But this is all relative to what you want out of a dental school. Some schools concetrate more on acedemics while others concentrate more on clinical experiences. Therefore, you have to decide which type of school is better for you. I think my school has a good balance between academics and clinical experiences