Does last six month residency evaluation get released to the employer or fellowship program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my last six month evaluation which was good except for few comments about contributing more to the work environment and improve on team work, they reflected a small misunderstanding I had with my colleagues which was resolved on the same day, I played a big role in contributing to work environment immediately after this happened and always covered for my colleagues, but obviously the core faculty focused on this case and forgot everything else, I'm ok so far and accepted their advices but I'm worried if this evaluation can be released to the employer or fellowship programs when applying for a job or fellowship? do u know if this is confidential report or not?

Members don't see this ad.

No, these aren't released. When you apply for a job or fellowship, they will ask for references and when they contact those references, they can speak about anything they want to say. Choose your references wisely.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my last six month evaluation which was good except for few comments about contributing more to the work environment and improve on team work, they reflected a small misunderstanding I had with my colleagues which was resolved on the same day, I played a big role in contributing to work environment immediately after this happened and always covered for my colleagues, but obviously the core faculty focused on this case and forgot everything else, I'm ok so far and accepted their advices but I'm worried if this evaluation can be released to the employer or fellowship programs when applying for a job or fellowship? do u know if this is confidential report or not?

They never see any individual evaluations. At the end of your residency, your program director will write up a summative evaluation of any patterns of behavior and stick it in the front of your file. For the rest of your life when you apply for a license or privileges in a new hospital, they will contact your former program and ask them for a confirmation of your training and anything in that overall eval. If your PD feels those comments deserve a mention, they may be in there, but otherwise they don't matter at all.

Thank u so much, that's good to know

Posted using SDN Mobile