Does Mt Sinai reject anyone post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Long_John

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Mt Sinai reject anyone post-interview or do they place everyone they dont accept in their 'alternate list'?

Members don't see this ad.

Long_John said:
Does Mt Sinai reject anyone post-interview or do they place everyone they dont accept in their 'alternate list'?

One previous post said 100 kids were rejected post-interview. Another said that 1/3 were rejected post-interview. Sinai seems to be quite mysterious with its admissions process so all of these numbers could just be assumptions. For the "alternate list" itself, it seems in previous years up to 200 kids have been on it, and that some years up to 1/3 of them have been ultimately accepted. I have also read that the list is ranked, and sending additional material such as grade updates or LOIs don't affect ranking. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

The old posts make me quite pessimistic of my chances if this is true, and though this is my top choice I wasn't really expecting a miracle. Sorry to vent, but it seems that to my four top interviews I received straight up waitlists, regardless of performance at them. That **** is just demoralizing, but everyone applying already knows that this process is a stupid *****.

The could be like hopkins - they don't reject you outright, but if you're on the low priority list, you have no shot unless a major disaster wipes out all other possible matriculants