Does my older sister have a chance of getting accepted to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physician2019

Future Physician (2019)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sister, Jessica is 20 years old with 3 years of college experience, she is currently enrolled at Cornell University in New York City, and is expected to take the MCAT in April. So far Jessica has gone to practice sessions and has taken several practice MCAT's inculding all of AAMC's MCAT's. Jessica's scores range from 33Q-42S on the practice MCAT's. She also has various types of clinical/medical/research/volunteering experiences. Her current GPA is a 3.87 (non-science) and a 3.94 (science). Jessica is planning to apply to Cornell School of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, SUNY Downstate Medical, SUNY Upstate Medical, SUNY Buffalo Medical, and Yeshiva University Albert Einstien College of Medicine. Does my sister have a chance of getting accepted to any of these medical schools? Jessica really want's to go to Mount Sinai School of Medicine. I am only 15 but I am hoping to follow her footsteps and possibly become a physician who is dedicated to treating her patients with quality care.

Members don't see this ad.

yes, your sister is in good shape

Members don't see this ad :)
Does she have a chance at Mount Sinai School of Medicine or NYU School of Medicine?

I would say she has staged herself very well. I also think it is so nice that you support her and seem to be helping her look into the possibilities. I wish my little sister was enthusiastic as you are!

I would say she has staged herself very well. I also think it is so nice that you support her and seem to be helping her look into the possibilities. I wish my little sister was enthusiastic as you are!

Thanks!!!

You know, if she is applying to med school, there is a good chance she will come across this thread and know you are writing about her.

I'm not sure why, but this thread creeps me out.

My sister, Jessica is 20 years old with 3 years of college experience, she is currently enrolled at Cornell University in New York City, and is expected to take the MCAT in April. So far Jessica has gone to practice sessions and has taken several practice MCAT's inculding all of AAMC's MCAT's. Jessica's scores range from 33Q-42S on the practice MCAT's. She also has various types of clinical/medical/research/volunteering experiences. Her current GPA is a 3.87 (non-science) and a 3.94 (science). Jessica is planning to apply to Cornell School of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, SUNY Downstate Medical, SUNY Upstate Medical, SUNY Buffalo Medical, and Yeshiva University Albert Einstien College of Medicine. Does my sister have a chance of getting accepted to any of these medical schools? Jessica really want's to go to Mount Sinai School of Medicine. I am only 15 but I am hoping to follow her footsteps and possibly become a physician who is dedicated to treating her patients with quality care.

Six troll markers...and which test prep outfit provides WS grades?

I'm not sure why, but this thread creeps me out.

Agreed. I immediately caught the "Cornell University in New York City" part and thought wtf, plus what 15-year old knows all these med schools or speaks so eloquently? I am officially creeped out as well. :bullcrap: :troll:

edit: flip26, good catch on the diagnostic WS grades as well.

It was the consistent use of her full name that got to me. It's just so unnatural. Like an alien coming down and trying to pretend to be one of us.

Though, in all fairness, the Princeton Review gives you letter scores on diagnostic tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
is everyone making a big deal of her saying Cornell in NYC instead of Ithaca?

it's a troll guys. totally fake situation. avoiding this thread will stop creeping you out!

It was the consistent use of her full name that got to me. It's just so unnatural. Like an alien coming down and trying to pretend to be one of us.

Eh, apparently the poster is 15 years old... assuming thats the truth, I would let the creepiness/trollishness slide.

Although, I do find it strange how the OP knows so much about her sister's stats and about which schools she's applying to. I know nowhere near that amount of information about my siblings.

Who cares about trolling, the answer is a resounding yes, she would have a good to great chance at any medical school, if this were a real situation. Is there anything else to see here? It's not starting a flame war or pissing people off, so what are you all spending so much time thinking/analyzing about? Just leave it be, everything will be ok.

yes YOU will be fine...JESSICA! :smuggrin:

Jessica should add DO and Carib schools IMO

Just curious....how does "jessica" know what her practice writing scores were?

the princeton review scored our writing samples on practice mcats.... so i suppose it's possible.