bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
Do they automatically reject those with a score below 30?

logos

100% Organic
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
Out there.
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I dont think that there is an official cut-off, but I could be wrong.

However, I once, somewhat randomly met a physician who is a former comittee member. Her major advice was to make sure you get at least a 30, dont know if that was a reference to some sort of cut off or not...

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
I think it is better to have it balanced than just a 30. For instance, a 10, 10, 9 I think is much better than a 12, 11, 7

About the Ads

logos

100% Organic
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
Out there.
Status
  1. Attending Physician
blump said:
I think it is better to have it balanced than just a 30. For instance, a 10, 10, 9 I think is much better than a 12, 11, 7

I would generally agree, unless there is a cutoff based only on the total score, then the lopsided 30 is better.

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
bqj said:
Do they automatically reject those with a score below 30?
:laugh: dude, that'd be at least a third of their class. The mean MCAT at Ohio State according to the MSAR is a 31, so they're not going to cut you off at 30!

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
The Lou
Status
TheProwler said:
:laugh: dude, that'd be at least a third of their class. The mean MCAT at Ohio State according to the MSAR is a 31, so they're not going to cut you off at 30!

I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.

lizbjrddnr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Toledo, OH
Status
  1. Medical Student
Homer Doughnuts said:
I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.

Actually, I have an interview there tomorrow and I have a 28.

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Homer Doughnuts said:
o rly?
lizbjrddnr said:
/story

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
The Lou
Status
lizbjrddnr said:

Good luck with your interview; I am just relaying what I was told. Maybe my friend meant he/she has not interviewed anyone with less than a 30. I'll try to find out, but way to go with the interview, OSU is a great school.

MedicineBird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
Homer Doughnuts said:

a gal in the admissions office told me in September that she didn't think they would be dipping below a 30 this year.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
  1. Attending Physician
TheProwler said:
o rly?
/story
Although, technically, the statement that they "have not interviewed anyone below a 30" is not contradicted by a 28 MCATer having an interview tomorrow.

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
I thought I had a pretty good application but got a 29, and I didn't get an interview (they informed me that they closed my file today). Traditionally, Ohio State interviews a lot of students from my undergrad school (BYU) so I was surprised, but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
liverotcod said:
Although, technically, the statement that they "have not interviewed anyone below a 30" is not contradicted by a 28 MCATer having an interview tomorrow.
:rolleyes: only on SDN

MedicineBird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
bqj said:
I thought I had a pretty good application but got a 29, and I didn't get an interview (they informed me that they closed my file today). Traditionally, Ohio State interviews a lot of students from my undergrad school (BYU) so I was surprised, but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

don't give them a second thought. You don't want to go to Ohio -- you want to come to UofU with me.

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
Status
MedicineBird said:
don't give them a second thought. You don't want to go to Ohio -- you want to come to UofU with me.

that's right. let's hope for better in april!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads