bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
131
0
Status
Do they automatically reject those with a score below 30?
 

logos

100% Organic
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
1,234
1
Out there.
Status
Attending Physician
I dont think that there is an official cut-off, but I could be wrong.

However, I once, somewhat randomly met a physician who is a former comittee member. Her major advice was to make sure you get at least a 30, dont know if that was a reference to some sort of cut off or not...
 

blump

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
225
0
Status
I think it is better to have it balanced than just a 30. For instance, a 10, 10, 9 I think is much better than a 12, 11, 7
 
About the Ads

logos

100% Organic
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
1,234
1
Out there.
Status
Attending Physician
blump said:
I think it is better to have it balanced than just a 30. For instance, a 10, 10, 9 I think is much better than a 12, 11, 7

I would generally agree, unless there is a cutoff based only on the total score, then the lopsided 30 is better.
 

45408

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
16,976
47
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bqj said:
Do they automatically reject those with a score below 30?
:laugh: dude, that'd be at least a third of their class. The mean MCAT at Ohio State according to the MSAR is a 31, so they're not going to cut you off at 30!
 

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
247
0
The Lou
Status
TheProwler said:
:laugh: dude, that'd be at least a third of their class. The mean MCAT at Ohio State according to the MSAR is a 31, so they're not going to cut you off at 30!

I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.
 

lizbjrddnr

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
104
0
Toledo, OH
Status
Medical Student
Homer Doughnuts said:
I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.

Actually, I have an interview there tomorrow and I have a 28.
 

45408

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
16,976
47
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Homer Doughnuts said:
I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.
o rly?
lizbjrddnr said:
Actually, I have an interview there tomorrow and I have a 28.
/story
 

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
247
0
The Lou
Status
lizbjrddnr said:
Actually, I have an interview there tomorrow and I have a 28.
Good luck with your interview; I am just relaying what I was told. Maybe my friend meant he/she has not interviewed anyone with less than a 30. I'll try to find out, but way to go with the interview, OSU is a great school.
 

MedicineBird

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
686
1
Status
Homer Doughnuts said:
I have a friend on the Adcom at OSU, while a Cut off per say does not exsit this year they have not interviewed anyone with less than a 30 on the MCAT.
a gal in the admissions office told me in September that she didn't think they would be dipping below a 30 this year.
 

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
2,336
6
Status
Attending Physician
TheProwler said:
o rly?
/story
Although, technically, the statement that they "have not interviewed anyone below a 30" is not contradicted by a 28 MCATer having an interview tomorrow.
 
OP
B

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
131
0
Status
I thought I had a pretty good application but got a 29, and I didn't get an interview (they informed me that they closed my file today). Traditionally, Ohio State interviews a lot of students from my undergrad school (BYU) so I was surprised, but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.
 

45408

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
16,976
47
Status
Resident [Any Field]
liverotcod said:
Although, technically, the statement that they "have not interviewed anyone below a 30" is not contradicted by a 28 MCATer having an interview tomorrow.
:rolleyes: only on SDN
 

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
2,336
6
Status
Attending Physician

MedicineBird

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
686
1
Status
bqj said:
I thought I had a pretty good application but got a 29, and I didn't get an interview (they informed me that they closed my file today). Traditionally, Ohio State interviews a lot of students from my undergrad school (BYU) so I was surprised, but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

don't give them a second thought. You don't want to go to Ohio -- you want to come to UofU with me.
 
OP
B

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2004
131
0
Status
MedicineBird said:
don't give them a second thought. You don't want to go to Ohio -- you want to come to UofU with me.
that's right. let's hope for better in april!
 
About the Ads