Does Penn State COM Accept Letters of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Churtdog

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with Penn State College of Medicine in mid February and I am currently waiting to hear back. I haven't gotten many interviews this cycle and as of right now Penn State is my top choice. I was thinking of writing them a letter of intent but I have heard conflicting information as to whether this is something they appreciate or if they would prefer not to receive communication from applicants when making their decision. I saw an old reddit post with text from their website saying they do not accept letters of intent, but I have not been able to find this verbage on their website; however, a current student there said the "he heard" Penn State COM accepts letters of intent starting April 1st. Needless to say, I have no information aside from hearsay, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed with Penn State College of Medicine in mid February and I am currently waiting to hear back. I haven't gotten many interviews this cycle and as of right now Penn State is my top choice. I was thinking of writing them a letter of intent but I have heard conflicting information as to whether this is something they appreciate or if they would prefer not to receive communication from applicants when making their decision. I saw an old reddit post with text from their website saying they do not accept letters of intent, but I have not been able to find this verbage on their website; however, a current student there said the "he heard" Penn State COM accepts letters of intent starting April 1st. Needless to say, I have no information aside from hearsay, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks guys.
On SDN, there are threads dedicated to each school where you can ask these questions (instead of the main forum). I have linked PSU's below:

On SDN, there are threads dedicated to each school where you can ask these questions (instead of the main forum). I have linked PSU's below:

Thank you!