Does Physics Need A Lab Component?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWant2BeADoctor

License to Matriculate
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken Physics yet. There are types of intro Physics in my University both are 8 Semester credits. But the one for health science majors doesn't seem to have a Lab component.

Does this meet the Pre-req for Med schools or am I going to have to take the harder Physics class for Engineering and Physics majors which has a lab component?

The one for Engineering/Physics majors is 10x harder...He's having trouble maintaing a C in that class and he's breezed through Calc 2 and Linear alegebra with A's.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it needs to have a lab component. I'm not sure how a 8 credit physics course can lack a lab.

Yes, it needs to have a lab component. I'm not sure how a 8 credit physics course can lack a lab.

It just doesn't specify L for lab on the course book. I talked with a physical therapy major and I seem to recall he said there was a lab component.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 lab hours are mandatory

Yep, I think most schools require physics lab. Physics lab is fun and pretty easy as opposed to say chem lab, so it's not a huge deal.

Yes, you need the lab -- but are you sure there's no lab component incorporated in the 'health science majors' option? Maybe they block out part of the lecture time or something? Talk to the physics department about this, as I'm sure it has come up before.