Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does posting in the Pre-Allo forum increase my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by XCanadianRagwee, Apr 10, 2004.

1. XCanadianRagwee

XCanadianRagwee Membership Revoked
    Removed

well...does it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you're only posting in the pre-allo forum to increase your chances of getting in, why then you are being disingenuous and the adcoms will see through your little charade.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Seriously, though, it would be interesting to attempt to correlate posting volume to # of acceptances. I'm guessing there *would* be a statistically significant correlation. Maybe my first published research!

4. Alexander99

Alexander99 Ghetto Fabulous
    7+ Year Member

Research has already been done in this area. Every 100 posts to the Pre-Allo forum increases your chances of getting in by 1%. Every 100 posts in the MCAT forum increases your score by 1 point. Makes perfect sense.

5. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You're only 8 away from 5% more likely! For Heaven's sake, keep posting, man!

6. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

obviously yes.

7. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    look where it got me man. :D

8. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

Is this true, or just a joke thread? Is there a place for number of SDN posts on med school applications? I've never heard about this. Thanks for the help.

9. farley is god

farley is god Empty Tank.
    7+ Year Member

:confused:

jeez.

10. Yes, it most definitely will increase your chances. It's a little known fact that SDN is supported and funded by the AAMC. The moderators are all paid employees.

PLEASE note the sarcasm. :)

11. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

Would we make something like this up? When you sign up for an SDN account, you have the option of adding your AMCAS ID#. Once you do that, each post you make is credited towards your total count. If you forgot to do that or didn't see the option, it's not too late. You can still add your ID#.

12. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

they're watching us!!!! :eek: :idea:

:rolleyes:

13. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

When I withdrew from a school's waitlist, the school said that it was surprised because of the good things I said about it on SDN. I'm not kidding

14. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

I guess stalkers can come in many forms (in your case, in the form of a medical institution.) :eek:

15. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

Where is this at? I've been looking through the control panel for the better part of 3 hours and I can't find it anywhere. :mad: Can you give me exact instructions? Thanks, this is awesome that med schools reward us for our hard work on this forum.

16. Pontifex Maximus

Pontifex Maximus Rads-a-palooza
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    posting for better chances

17. WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member

You might want to think a little more critically about the likely existence/non-existence of this feature.

18. Seriously? 3 hours? :eek:

19. Nanomed Dreams

Nanomed Dreams Budding Pathologist
    7+ Year Member

Yeah. I was looking too. I even checked out the FAQ and the help section, but there isn't even a mention of this feature. You better tell them to add it to the help, otherwise people like me are missing out. I mean, I probably spent 4 or 5 hours looking through this stuff, and not being able to find the place to add my AAMC #. I have to work tomorrow, and I'm still up at 3AM because I got excited and wanted to do this as soon as possible. Could someone please follow through with the specific instructions so I can do this by tomorrow?

By the way, what about all those poor people who don't use SDN? They shouldn't be penalized just because they never heard about the website. Do they get some sort of, like, default credit if they've never posted on SDN?

20. GTea

GTea Member
    7+ Year Member

willthatsall & nanomed dreams, are you guys serious?

21. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you guys do understand that there are gullible premed people out there who do take everything literally...

and tho i like to have fun with them just like the next guy...
    if they are serious...then thats not good.

you two up there. there is no such thing. this is a JOKE thread. or else you would see everyone on sdn with 10K posts already.

22. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

Nanomed is being sarcastic, but it was a bit too subtle to pick up.

Willthatsall...Wake up! Usually med schools don't care about what you post here, but they do read over interview feedbacks of their schools every once in a while.

23. Zweihander

Zweihander Billygoat Gruff
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

There is no way those two were being serious.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself :scared: :scared:

24. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

I was very serious about it. I spend upwards of 5 hours a day on this board and I think it's only fair that med schools reward me for it. If I wanted I could be out doing EC's or getting clinical experience, but I choose to stay right here and contribute to this board. I deserve credit. And don't mock me like that, I feel very strongly that I deserve this. It's not funny.

25. Zweihander

Zweihander Billygoat Gruff
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

:laugh:

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :love: :clap:

26. Alexander99

7+ Year Member

You can always include "I post on SDN" as an extracirricular activity on your AMCAS.