Does prontopass work on the new naplex?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bospharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple friends that used prontopass and took the exam and said that it didn't really work. One of my friends used just prontopass and failed while the others used it in addition with apha and some review book from riteaid. They passed but said that prontopass doesn't work alone on the "new" naplex. They said that you have to use another resource. Did anybody else experienced this on the "new" NAPLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the new NAPLEX in December and only studied from Prontopass. I passed with a score that was well over 100. I do think it may have something to do with your base knowledge (aka how much you learned in pharmacy school). For me, Prontopass was adequate.

In my opinion, prontopass should be enough review especially if it is studied in the way it is recommended. Prontopass is an intense review of a lot of information, and they recommend going over one disease state multiple times until you know it, before moving on to the next set of review cards. I found Prontopass to be extremely useful and better organized than any other review material I came across.

prontopass also makes you organized. you study section by section and can quiz yourself with folding the cards which I think is very important. also I love the last review set cards. couple days before test you can go over last review cards which gives you an overview of everything. overall I liked it.
I studied prontopass and got a very high score.

For those of you that have the Prontopass cards. Do you find the cards themselves to be too cluttered? Some of them are so jumbled with information I can't tell which generics or doses go with which name brands. :laugh: I can usually figure them out, but they just seem to me like there is too much info on each card.