Does Rochester offer any scholarships/grants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimmy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious to know if Rochester offers any scholarship/grants before sending your financial aid application? How are they with giving out grants or scholarships to first year students? If you've received any, post it here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious to know if Rochester offers any scholarship/grants before sending your financial aid application? How are they with giving out grants or scholarships to first year students? If you've received any, post it here. Thanks!

we got our Financial Aid application on interview day. at the Second Look weekend in February, we had a financial aid meeting where we went over the whole process. they had more of the same forms we were given on interview day, and they discussed the timing for our fin aid applications, as well as the documentation we need to send them.

so no, we didn't get any scholarhips or grants BEFORE sending out our financial aid applications. (i'm not 100% sure, b/c all that means is that i didn't get any offers.) can any other '07 matriculants back me up on this?

Thanks for this info, ndp.
I guess no one else has...

Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend got a "Dean's Scholarship" about two weeks ago. It's a merit based scholarship ($40000), but is intended for people who aren't going to be receiving any financial aid. Also, your name had to have been on some "list" though I don't really know what that means....

Hmmm, I am curious to see what they give out. I just finished the needs access form and sent in my 1040 along with my parents' and the financial aid form. Hopefully I will get something from the school besides "here are some loans".

Hmmm, I am curious to see what they give out. I just finished the needs access form and sent in my 1040 along with my parents' and the financial aid form. Hopefully I will get something from the school besides "here are some loans".

Has anyone called the Fin Aid office to ask when exactly they're sending out their financial aid packages? They seem to be going slow with that.