Does scheduling an Interview Later effect you negatively?

mrmilad

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I have scheduled one of my interviews towards the end of the possible interviews they offer, I was wondering if that will have a negative effect on my chances? School is vanderbilt.

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
If the school offers rolling admissions, then yes, it very well could affect your chances. I'd advise trying to get all interviews done early.
:thumbup: Agree. It's not that they'll look down on you for wanting to do it later; it's that they're apt to give 'your' spot to someone who interviewed earlier, unless it's one of the few schools that don't do rolling admissions.

Once all the spots in class are gone, they're gone. Welcome to waitlist country.

bannie22

Hero
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
u mean " affect "

and other than the rolling admission thing
psychology also (too brain dead to think straight)
says that the people right at the front and right at the back benfit from better memory

Aug 3, 2009
East Coast
Status
Medical Student
What was the range of dates they offered? It probably was only a span of a couple of weeks. You'll probably be fine, but if it's a major concern, contact the school, and ask them if it makes a difference...anonymously of course. But generally speaking, the earlier you can schedule the interview, the better. Why? because then you have to play the waiting game again! ;)

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
u mean " affect "

says that the people right at the front and right at the back benfit from better memory
:confused::wtf:

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
u mean " affect "

:laugh:

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
I have scheduled one of my interviews towards the end of the possible interviews they offer, I was wondering if that will have a negative effect on my chances? School is vanderbilt.
ask to reschedule...you will have plenty of time

vandyland10

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Lol. My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure at least one line in there was generated by magnetic poetry...
Agreed...however, he was ironically correct about "affect" vs. "effect."

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
vanderbilt does have rolling admissions and it's an awesome school. On the other hand, I attended my school's interview during the last week of their interview season and got in. But I think earlier is better

TopSecret

Removed
Jul 14, 2009
949, 310
Status
Attending Physician
For you? No.

They might have given you to option to scheduled far into the future because their statistics probably show that many people with your numbers and background do not go to Vanderbilt if offered an acceptance. If you end up canceling your interview, the school will have enough time to give your interview date to someone else.