Clin_Epi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status
...at this point make a difference? Just wondering. There is pressure on me to contact Yale admissions to 'ask' (more like beg) for an interview. I do not believe it would be realistic but they have not rejected me so far and that is the only school where I have been complete in November. My stats are not good for such a high calibre school and it is fairly late. Helpful advice would be welcome...which is better: email vs. fax, should I contact anyone in particular etc. Should I even try?

I wish I knew about this site last year.

Best of luck to all of us.

Dr. Donkey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
Send a letter of interest to the dean of admissions. Unfortunately, it is so late, an update letter now will probably do very little. If you sent it like TODAY or tomorrow, it might just get in before the final decisions are made about interviews. Sorry, the chances are not good. I tried a couple letters of interest to Yale, and they didn't work. Best of luck.

FYI: Yale does not send out rejections until March.

sk1684

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
I have been strongly advised to send letters and call schools. I sent my updated CV, transcript and an essay on my research to all the schools i was interested in, in mid-january. I think its still worth to send something in or call. Everytime i call, the ad. ladies say that they will "put it on my record" or "let the adcoms know that i am interested". So i think its worth it. Good Luck!

Clin_Epi said:
...at this point make a difference? Just wondering. There is pressure on me to contact Yale admissions to 'ask' (more like beg) for an interview. I do not believe it would be realistic but they have not rejected me so far and that is the only American school where I have been complete in November. My stats are not good for such a high calibre school and it is fairly late. Helpful advice would be welcome...which is better: email vs. fax, should I contact anyone in particular etc. Should I even try? This is my first time applying...so I am not aware of the subtle methods that can be employed and have heard a lot of garbage from the med applicants here in Canada about US schools.

I wish I knew about this site last year.

Best of luck to all of us.