Does Senior Year Matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasaroony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do med schools see what classes you are taking your senior year?
Because i just want to take a bunch of easy classes, pass/fail.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it does. I stopped caring if I get an A in any class.

Members don't see this ad :)
jasaroony said:
Do med schools see what classes you are taking your senior year?
Because i just want to take a bunch of easy classes, pass/fail.

Yah well, University of Washington has you send in your transcripts after every quarter, so I'm thinking at least there, they're maybe making up their mind after you either show an upward/downward trend.

tulanes acceptance letter says to maintain academic performance and that a final transcript must be turned in. I think the general saying that i've seen on sdn has been don't make any c's because if you do some schools ask you to write a letter explaining that. I switched my hardest class this semester to Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory,(no more pass/fail, gotta be C- and up) Expecting having at least B's in everything.

RunMimi said:
What about non-rolling schools? My GPA is definitely going down after this semester--eekkk!

No worries, can't hurt you too much :)

BTW, you Chi O where?
Nevermind...in your sig

RunMimi said:
What about non-rolling schools? My GPA is definitely going down after this semester--eekkk!

In addition to Washington, the only school that I know of that requests quarterly (or semester) updates is UCSF. But I am not totally sure.

As long as you pass your classes, you ought to be okay :thumbup: Is Harvard your first choice?

God bless and good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: