does silence at this point mean no interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

what if you have not gotten an invite but not gotten a rejection either. can you consider it done for that program since its mid Nov now or are invite still coming in?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Possibly for some programs. However, there are a few that haven't even had their application deadlines yet. I would be surprised if there weren't at least a few spots open at many programs.

At least that's what I'm telling myself :)

It is going to depend on what programs you are talking about. At least from this thread, it seems NYC programs have been slow despite the MSPE coming out.

There may be some invites in November and December, though.

You can look at this thread to see the patterns from last year:

http://more.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=561961

Best wishes :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on that link Frugal posted--no, not at all, there should be at least a few more invites coming in the next 1-2 weeks.

I'm still waiting to hear from one CA program whose program director is apparently out of town.

Also keep in mind that there are plenty of people sitting on 20+ interviews out there (I was one of them 4 years ago) who will start cancelling soon. This will open up interview slots at a variety of programs and you may wind up score an interview that way.

DO NOT assume that interviews you get from here on out are "pity invites." If they're bothering to invite you, they're interested in you. Swallow your pride (that you weren't invited in the first go-around) and bring your A game to the interview.

Also keep in mind that there are plenty of people sitting on 20+ interviews out there (I was one of them 4 years ago) who will start cancelling soon. This will open up interview slots at a variety of programs and you may wind up score an interview that way.

DO NOT assume that interviews you get from here on out are "pity invites." If they're bothering to invite you, they're interested in you. Swallow your pride (that you weren't invited in the first go-around) and bring your A game to the interview.

Thanks gutonc - I agree. Its very tempting to go on that ego-ride...wishing everyone the best!

according to last year's postings, it wasn't unusual to still get invites in december and even early jan

I just withdrew from the match. Not all my IV's are up, but the majority. Start calling some of those programs if you'd like...Also start contacting the ppl on ur list who already have IV's sent out as per the IV thread.
It also depends on how many places you applied to and where?

I don't know about more interview invites at this point. I've already scheduled 2 trips to Southern California and it would be difficult to squeeze in another invitation. I was invited to interview at 7 of the 10 programs I applied to (some of which are a big stretch for me), and I think that will probably be enough. The idea of booking another plane trip, car, hotel, etc. makes me want to barf.

according to last year's postings, it wasn't unusual to still get invites in december and even early jan

Is it just me or does it seem to other people that this year is slower compared to previous years (just looking from past interview threads)?