Does taking A&P meet requirement for both Anatomy class and physiology class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only took physiology class without lab during my undergrad
i have taken another lab courses (biochem lab, molecular biology lab, genetics lab etc)
but will some school accept these lab courses as pre-req?

also, i am likely to take human anatomy and physiology class at local community college.

in order to meet general requirement for pre-req
taking human anatomy and physiology for two quarters will be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need AP1 and AP2 both with lab

You need AP1 and AP2 both with lab

thanks
but my community college is quarter system. so AP1 AP2 for two quarters will be okay?
doesnt have to be semester one right?

Members don't see this ad :)
It should say how many quarter hours on the school you're applying to. Mine is 6 semester hours of AP or 8 quarter hours

what is semester hours? 6 units per semester?

Mine are 3 or 4 depending on the class. AP w/lab was 4 semester hours

Hey guys, i decide to take A&P at local community college (foothill college in California)
Since i have not taken any anatomy class during my undergrad, i guess the only option is to take A&P for two or three quarters.
Just wondering, do many pharmacy schools count A&P courses taken at community college as pre-req?
I know i will have to contact individual schools, but i just want to ask you guys if anyone was in my situation or know about these things.
Thanks!

Hey guys, i decide to take A&P at local community college (foothill college in California)
Since i have not taken any anatomy class during my undergrad, i guess the only option is to take A&P for two or three quarters.
Just wondering, do many pharmacy schools count A&P courses taken at community college as pre-req?
I know i will have to contact individual schools, but i just want to ask you guys if anyone was in my situation or know about these things.
Thanks!

For 90+% of the schools, your credits taken at community college for A&P is just as valid as those from 4 year schools.