Does taking cell biology help with Anatomy and Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackal head

Registered Sex Offender
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much would it help to take cell bio before taking A&P? I know A&P is a demanding class and don't want to make too big a jump, right now I'm taking micro, next semester I'll probably take A&P.

Members don't see this ad.

No, not really.

Short answer. Nope. Both have different focuses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that they're very different. Cell biology is learning about the kreb cycle, plasma membranes, mitochondria and such. Anp is about body parts, the digestive system, endocrine system, etc...

How much would it help to take cell bio before taking A&P? I know A&P is a demanding class and don't want to make too big a jump, right now I'm taking micro, next semester I'll probably take A&P.

Wouldn't be of much help to you, if any at all.

It might help a bit for Biochem or Immuno later, but very little for A&P. I can only think of one topic we discussed in both, and it was very small..

have you taken the other physio class yet? maybe you can take that along with a&p cuz spranger is teaching both next semester

I took AP I way before cell. then i took AP II right after cell.... i didn't think it is a necessity to take cell before AP. you'll be fine. aren't all biology classes connected in some ways anyway?

have you taken the other physio class yet? maybe you can take that along with a&p cuz spranger is teaching both next semester

good idea, just registered, didn't realize you can get into that class with just 1510

I don't know how it is at your school, but at mine I wouldn't even consider taking cell before A&P. Cell is a much, much harder course here. A&P is alot of memorizing, but really not that difficult.

To answer your question, yes it would probably help some, but not significant amount. I'd recommend you take A&P first.