Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

does the AMCAS letter service have a "waive your right to view this letter" form

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ironhorse3, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Ironhorse3

Pre-Medical
    I just found out after I have already had my letters uploaded to AMCAS that UW Madison school of medicine and public health requires a form be sent in with letters that dictate whether or not the application (me) has waived the right to view the letter. I didn't have this form sent in with any of my letters.

However, I thought I remembered possibly checking a box to this effect somewhere during the AMCAS process and on the UW madison website it says that other forms to the same effect would be accepted in as well. Does the AMCAS letter service provide one as well?

Sorry if this is confusing... I'm pretty confused about the whole issue myself

Any info would be greatly appreciated

2. Ironhorse3

Pre-Medical
  3. Tapepsi

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There should've been a form that you filled out saying that you waive your right to see the letters. Contact your prehealth committee if you have one. I remember having to turn that form in to my pre-health committee at my school. If you don't have a prehealth committee you may have had to send it to AMCAS directly.

4. Lake556

So by sending that form to my premed committee they send it to amcas?

5. mauberley

mauberley radiating prestige
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    AMCAS has no waiver that I am aware of. Tapepsi's form is most likely one required by his pre-health committee. Interfolio has the ability to request confidential letters be submitted by letter writers.

The Madison web page says that a form is available as part of their secondary application. Contact them and ask for advice.

6. Ironhorse3

Pre-Medical
    got it, i missed the secondary part of it. Thanks alot!!!