Does the dean of your undergrad school have any part in the med school application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faupremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the dean of your undergrad school have any part in the med school application process? As in, can he help you in any way besides if you ask to write a letter of recommendation? can he deter one's chances if he doesnt like you? or does he play no role?

Members don't see this ad.

Does the dean of your undergrad school have any part in the med school application process? As in, can he help you in any way besides if you ask to write a letter of recommendation? can he deter one's chances if he doesnt like you? or does he play no role?
They play no direct role anywhere I've worked.
Lofty individuals often try to intervene (with variable success) for their favorite candidates.
I've never heard of one trying to reduce someone's chances.

Reactions: 1 users
They play no direct role anywhere I've worked.
Lofty individuals often try to intervene (with variable success) for their favorite candidates.
I've never heard of one trying to reduce someone's chances.
Good to know. I had a disagreement about the schools parking policy and they took it the wrong way lol. Is it only the pre-med advisors/health committee that send their letters about you? or once again, do you control the everything a med school receives? (obviously conduct/cheating infractions get sent, but if you had an issue they cant like write a letter saying i dont like him?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know. I had a disagreement about the schools parking policy and they took it the wrong way lol. Is it only the pre-med advisors/health committee that send their letters about you? or once again, do you control the everything a med school receives? (obviously conduct/cheating infractions get sent, but if you had an issue they cant like write a letter saying i dont like him?)
You designate the committee letter (or individual letter writers).

It would take a very petty man/woman to try to keep someone out of med school because of parking.

Reactions: 3 users
It would take a very petty man/woman to try to keep someone out of med school because of parking.
it was unreal; they took my comments personal and they told the dean i was abusive and i tried talking to the dean who straight up said youre wasting my time i take their word over yours because he works with them lol. good to know this wont affect me.

Institutional Action

Lots of threads about them. TL;DR they're bad :(

Reactions: 1 users
Well, this is neuroticism at a whole other level...

Reactions: 1 user
have your **** but dont let your **** have you...egos man
Hey hey clam down, learn to take a joke will you?

Also with the auto censor I have no idea what curses you just threw at me lol