Does the SDN obsession stop once in med school???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkymunkytoes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
God I hope so.

Members don't see this ad.

As do I.

This site makes me more and more nervous as I see people with better stats and ECs which make me worry everyday about my chances yet I still come here for some reason!

As do I.

This site makes me more and more nervous as I see people with better stats and ECs which make me worry everyday about my chances yet I still come here for some reason!

Sounds like heroine. Yep, that's about right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well alot of the main posters who were here as premeds I still see around quite a bit as med students. So I'd say no for the most part with the hardcore posters.

Well alot of the main posters who were here as premeds I still see around quite a bit as med students. So I'd say no for the most part with the hardcore posters.

take a look at the post count for TexasTriathlete....he was probably as hardcore as they come. He had a blackberry and literally posted all day, even while at work. Now, he posts like two times a month (vacations not included).

it seems people start to dwindle after med school starts... but then prob come back when it is time to take your step exams or apply to residency.

We get busy =] But I come back to procrastinate and answer questions.

Earlier tonight I made a big "To-Do List" for the next 6 months of my life.. ya know kind of a checklist of what I want to accomplish before starting.

Number 6: Spend less time on SDN. Haha

I think the SDN craze dies down in med school. Not that I'd know for sure since i'm not in med school yet. HOWEVER, after visiting the other forum, I've noticed it takes a pretty long time for their threads to get going and to get responses. I take that to mean that the med students have so much work to get done that they just don't have time for SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the SDN craze dies down in med school. Not that I'd know for sure since i'm not in med school yet. HOWEVER, after visiting the other forum, I've noticed it takes a pretty long time for their threads to get going and to get responses. I take that to mean that the med students have so much work to get done that they just don't have time for SDN.

id say the numbers are a more significant factor in this regard - there are simply millions of pre-meds but not so many actual med students.

take a look at the post count for TexasTriathlete....he was probably as hardcore as they come. He had a blackberry and literally posted all day, even while at work. Now, he posts like two times a month (vacations not included).

yeah it sucks, I miss the guy too. He had a lot of good input.

We get busy =] But I come back to procrastinate and answer questions.
Word. I should be doing small group now. I stayed away for most of the first quarter, but I had some downtime during winter break and here I am. I'll probably disappear again when I get closer to exams.

nope
you just move to the allopathic and usmle forums :\

It hasn't for me.

I don't post as much, but I'm still on here all the time.

it is a hard addiction to beat. also, i think there is some schadenfreude (sp?) going on with us. watching you suffer through a process we have behind us.

sorry. sucks to be you.

No, its still a time sink. I use it as a way to get away from the books now and again, or as a method of procrastination. As a whole I would say its more of the same time looking, alot less posting

Are you kidding? I'm looking forward to seeing how the next class does. Seeing the pre-med anxiety unfold and the crazies come out of lurker status when I'm NOT in the middle of it is going to be terribly entertaining.

Can't wait to be the wise old med student: "GUYS, stop freaking out, it's EARLY, if you didn't get an interview by August you don't have to start thinking of reapplying...". Heheheeheh

if i interview at vandy im gonna hunt down LET

take a look at the post count for TexasTriathlete....he was probably as hardcore as they come. He had a blackberry and literally posted all day, even while at work.

Hahahaha, I recently got a blackberry and my first website bookmarked was the SDN forums. Since then I've been checking it waaaaay too frequently. When the power went out in my entire neighborhood last night and I had only 1 bar of battery left on my BB, I still had to check SDN before I went to bed :love: It may continue as a med student as I'd also like to tip the applicants and tell them to stop freaking out so much :rolleyes: