Medical Does this constitute an IA and should it be reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, y'all I had a question about an IA. So in my sophomore year ( a year ago), I received a warning letter from my dean because I helped my friend on a quiz. I showed them my work thinking they would use my work to help them solve their problem. Of course, they took my answer and submitted it on their quiz. I understand how I was in the wrong, even if students are allowed to work together straight out stealing answers is a huge no-no. I have repented for my mistake and drove myself crazy over stress and regret but at this point, there isn't anything I can do so I am just going to be honest on my application and try and show how I have matured from this situation. I met my dean and explained what happened and they decided that I didn't do anything bad enough to result in an F so I kept my A grade in that class, but had to write a letter of apology and attend a decision-making workshop. My dean also told me that I don't need to mention this letter of warning because he believes that it is an "internal college situation", not on my transcript, and something that can only be found if it is requested so I would be sabotaging my application because it is expunged in 5 years. So my question is how much have I screwed myself over? I am planning to apply in my senior year so I would be attending med school in Fall 2022. Should I just wait until this is removed from my record before I apply? Or can I still apply really broadly and hope that some school is willing to even look at my application? If someone could give me advice I would really appreciate it, I don't know anyone else I can ask about this so I am a bit desperate. Thank you!
Doesn't sound like it's at the level of an IA.

Members don't see this ad.

To clarify the letter of warning is on my conduct record and it can be requested. Do schools usually request a conduct record? Is that something they do before acceptance or later on after acceptance? I don't want it to seem like I am lying on my application if the school does request a record so would it be better to just mention it?
Report it as if it will be reported. Every school has its own policy, usually after acceptance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Thank you! Sorry I have one last question but the warning l letter I received only mentions "academic misconduct" and nothing about the incident. Will the schools follow up with my dean about the incident other than just requesting the conduct record? Should I ask my dean to have a report available about the incident? I'm not sure if that is something I need to have prepared.
They damn well will follow up...it's part of doing due diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.