1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does this count?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DaveC, Dec 9, 2002.

1. DaveC

DaveC Member
    7+ Year Member

I am now in a junior college and wish to transfer soon to a 4 year university and hopefully apply to med school. My question is is that out of high school I went to a technical school to become an auto mechanic but quickly decided that that sucked. When I apply to other colleges do the grades I earned at the tech school count toward anything. My grades there sucked-they graded on the traditional 4.0 scale. If I count only the "real" schools like the junior college my grades are great.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey! I'm no admissions expert, but I think they look at both of them. If you've done a good job at your junior college i'm sure they'll weigh that a lot heavier than any high school grades, especially because the work is theoretically harder. Good luck with everything!

4. yeah i think it counts, amcas asks for all college courses, i dont know if ur technical school thing is a college course but it looks like it would count. talk to ur pre-med advisor about this or call amcas