Does this count?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DaveC, Dec 9, 2002.

1. DaveC

DaveC Member

I am now in a junior college and wish to transfer soon to a 4 year university and hopefully apply to med school. My question is is that out of high school I went to a technical school to become an auto mechanic but quickly decided that that sucked. When I apply to other colleges do the grades I earned at the tech school count toward anything. My grades there sucked-they graded on the traditional 4.0 scale. If I count only the "real" schools like the junior college my grades are great.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abw

abw Senior Member

Hey! I'm no admissions expert, but I think they look at both of them. If you've done a good job at your junior college i'm sure they'll weigh that a lot heavier than any high school grades, especially because the work is theoretically harder. Good luck with everything!

4. yeah i think it counts, amcas asks for all college courses, i dont know if ur technical school thing is a college course but it looks like it would count. talk to ur pre-med advisor about this or call amcas