TheXc

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
My college offers 3 quarters of ochem lecture but only 2 quarters of ochem lab. Does this still meet the One year organic chem (with lab) requirement?

HumidBeing

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2007
Keeping Warm
Status (Visible)
It's like that in quite a few schools, particularly in CA. Just contact the med schools that you're interested in applying to. They are used to the question, know the situation, and yeah, it does wind up being okay and meeting the requirements.

About the Ads

silverhorse84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My school is that way. We have two quarters of lecture with lab required with it, then the third quarter lecture and lab are separate. All the bio majors that are premed didn't take the third quarter lab so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine (I was biochem so I was required to take it).

Zyvox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
My college offers 3 quarters of ochem lecture but only 2 quarters of ochem lab. Does this still meet the One year organic chem (with lab) requirement?

Yeah, sounds like it. Is it a community/small liberal college? Or university? You shouldn't have a problem with either though, but check with the school to be safe.

primadonna22274

15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2005
The Sunny South but homesick for the Best Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
OK, twist on this question:
I may retake organic for 1) a better grade and 2) a refresher so I can improve my MCAT score. I took it in 96-7 and got straight Cs with lab. SO if I do a repeat organic class (or 2) WITHOUT lab would schools consider it?
I always did great in lab (it was fun, like cooking) and quite frankly my lab grade buoyed up my awful test scores.
Thoughts?
Thanks
L.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.