Does this fulfill Organic's reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheXc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My college offers 3 quarters of ochem lecture but only 2 quarters of ochem lab. Does this still meet the One year organic chem (with lab) requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Bump for the evening crew!

It's like that in quite a few schools, particularly in CA. Just contact the med schools that you're interested in applying to. They are used to the question, know the situation, and yeah, it does wind up being okay and meeting the requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school is that way. We have two quarters of lecture with lab required with it, then the third quarter lecture and lab are separate. All the bio majors that are premed didn't take the third quarter lab so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine (I was biochem so I was required to take it).

My college offers 3 quarters of ochem lecture but only 2 quarters of ochem lab. Does this still meet the One year organic chem (with lab) requirement?

Yeah, sounds like it. Is it a community/small liberal college? Or university? You shouldn't have a problem with either though, but check with the school to be safe.

OK, twist on this question:
I may retake organic for 1) a better grade and 2) a refresher so I can improve my MCAT score. I took it in 96-7 and got straight Cs with lab. SO if I do a repeat organic class (or 2) WITHOUT lab would schools consider it?
I always did great in lab (it was fun, like cooking) and quite frankly my lab grade buoyed up my awful test scores.
Thoughts?
Thanks
L.