Does this happen to anyone else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Houmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seems that everytime I get ready for a sterile procedure, or I scrub in for something, it is at that EXACT moment when I am in sterile gloves etc that my face starts to itch......:mad:

It is so annoying.

Pretty sure if there's more of us I'm gonna have to publish something along the lines of post-aseptic pruritus among medical students...:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

There was a place on my ankle that got to itching, but I dasn't scratch it; and then my ear begun to itch; and next my back, right between my shoulders. Seemed like I'd die if I couldn't scratch. Well, I've noticed that thing plenty times since. If you are with the quality, or at a funeral, or trying to go to sleep when you ain't sleepy -- if you are anywheres where it won't do for you to scratch, why you will itch all over in upwards of a thousand places. Pretty soon Jim says:

"Say, who is you? Whar is you? Dog my cats ef I didn' hear sumf'n. Well, I know what I's gwyne to do: I's gwyne to set down here and listen tell I hears it agin."

So he set down on the ground betwixt me and Tom. He leaned his back up against a tree, and stretched his legs out till one of them most touched one of mine. My nose begun to itch. It itched till the tears come into my eyes. But I dasn't scratch. Then it begun to itch on the inside. Next I got to itching underneath. I didn't know how I was going to set still. This miserableness went on as much as six or seven minutes; but it seemed a sight longer than that. I was itching in eleven different places now. I reckoned I couldn't stand it more'n a minute longer, but I set my teeth hard and got ready to try. Just then Jim begun to breathe heavy; next he begun to snore -- and then I was pretty soon comfortable again.

--The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, 1884