Does this look like the freakin' "Pre-Med" Forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fix-it-Man

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted a question asking how fellow 2nd years are doing! And all the other posts I see here are of the nature of "I got in!!" , my med school interviews, blah blah. If you read carefully next to the "Allopathic" forum it says for "Current medical students"!!! For all you pre-meds go to your own forum called "Pre-allopathic" and quit taking up topic space in our forum. Will ****** be able to enforce this? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Ok, i'm a pre-med. This point has come up earlier. E-mailing one of the moderators is your best solution. Maybe they could put a line at the top reminding people to keep pre-med topics in pre-med board.
I don't how many others consider it a nuisance (sp?).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have periodically gone over the threads and moved those which I felt were more appropriate in the Pre-Allopathic forum. If I've missed any, it's because there's only so many hours I can devote to this and, besides, there are a lot of "grey" threads which are neither here nor there.

It is my personal belief that the posts dealing with premeds who recently got accepted to medical school belong here. If it's such a big nuisance, please let me know.

If you have specific threads in mind, again, let me know.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ******:
•I have periodically gone over the threads and moved those which I felt were more appropriate in the Pre-Allopathic forum. If I've missed any, it's because there's only so many hours I can devote to this and, besides, there are a lot of "grey" threads which are neither here nor there.

It is my personal belief that the posts dealing with premeds who recently got accepted to medical school belong here. If it's such a big nuisance, please let me know.

If you have specific threads in mind, again, let me know.

Thanks.•

Hi Tim, could I be a co-moderator for the allopathic forum? I am MS2 at U Maryland.

I have no authority to decide who becomes a moderator.

Thanks for the response Tim. :cool: null

Stop bickering - it's not a big deal. Just pass over the premed stuff. Touchy-touchy!

Umm. I can't speak for others, but *I* come here to seek advice from those who are in med school already. It's always a case of looking up to those who have been there, done that: high schoolers want to know what college is like, so they ask... tada! college students! Undergraduate premeds want to know what to expect on the MCAT, what sorts of this and that to expect in med school, and so of course we ask you privileged med students. I'm neutral on the issue of bragging about interviews and MCAT scores, but I agree with Timothy that these are grey areas. I respectfully leave those decisions to his better judgement.

Originally posted by Socceroo4ever:
•Umm. I can't speak for others, but *I* come here to seek advice from those who are in med school already.•

The reason people don't like to see pre-med questions in the Allopathic thread is just this. Those who've been there, or are in med school already, and who are interested in answering pre-med questions will read the pre-allopathic forum.

There is definitely some gray area though, such as questions about med school. Most people get bent out of shape over the chances questions and the like.

Originally posted by Mr. Eastern Medicine:
•So sensitive........Should consider law schools.•••

Law school?! They are more of a psychological torture.

Fix it, people with coronary personalities like yours should not be doctors. You obviously are hyper sensitive to things that mean nothing. Thousands of people read these forums and you are the one who bitches. I recommend paxil and a less stressful job. I bet you want to be a surgeon too. Those are usually the ones who are near the edge most of the time. I'd also bet you're the gunner in your class. When you act that way it only makes people want to put you in your place, not give you what you want. But as we learn in social science, people like you act out to get attention-good or bad. I hate to reward your negative behavior at all by responding, but I felt you deserved a little lashing. OK I'm through with the slams...this should open the lines of communication :)

Amen. This is exactly what I wanted to say. Good point, Slingblade.

Fix it,
Do you treat everyone like this? Frankly, I don't care how many mad faces or exclamation points you put on your message. Sometimes I do post things on this forum and I will continue to do so, especially now. If you don't like it, you can find some way to block my messages. Go get some exercise or find some outlit for this instead of resorting to these tantrums. Lighten up!

I don't really want to encourage more in this post.... but you really CAN NOT judge one persons personality, or success as a physician by one little post.
I do agree the "!" and :mad: were overkill

Originally posted by Slingblade the Surgeon:
•Fix it, people with coronary personalities like yours should not be doctors. You obviously are hyper sensitive to things that mean nothing. Thousands of people read these forums and you are the one who bitches. I recommend paxil and a less stressful job. I bet you want to be a surgeon too. Those are usually the ones who are near the edge most of the time. I'd also bet you're the gunner in your class. When you act that way it only makes people want to put you in your place, not give you what you want. But as we learn in social science, people like you act out to get attention-good or bad. I hate to reward your negative behavior at all by responding, but I felt you deserved a little lashing. OK I'm through with the slams...this should open the lines of communication :) •••

1) Well sonya you did encourage more on this post.

2) I can judge anything I damn well choose based on anything I want, thank you.

3) I forgot what I was gonna say.

4) Oh well, this post is all in fun anyway. :D

SlingBlade the Surgeon, I prescribe 10mg t.i.d. of secobarbital and a plastic bag over the head. That should cure you!! :cool:

Dang man...that's pretty harsh. hehehe

Especially that private message you sent. :rolleyes: That's ok though man, I used to act like that too back when I was in my 20's. You'll grow out of it.

Hey speaking of your prescription though....some of the ER docs I used to work with/for: When some peckweed would come in, they would say "I recommend P.T.F. (Pillow to face) until desired result" Hehehehe cool. You have to have a sense of humor in this business, I think. Don't you agree Mr. fixit?