Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does this makes me look fat???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dr. FS, Jul 23, 2000.

1. Dr. FS

Dr. FS Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok, here it is. After doing some research i have found that i might like the DO's phylosophy better than the other... But, i am consern about getting a spot for an ***Emergency residence possition, and or ***getting Jobs after becoming a DO.

My Questions are:

1)If you are already a DO, are you satisfied with the profession...(reputation, salary, respect from MD and patients, dealing with this kind of quetions...***how confidant do YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING A DO....please excuse me if you find this question offensive, but i feel that it cannot be ignored!)

2)***Is it hard to find jobs in big cities such as New York...with a specialty other than primary care...example Emergnecy medicine.

3)***Do DO's and MD's have the same salary (assuming they have the same specialty)

4)**what do you like/dislike about the profession.

Any coment would be of great help on making my decision. i understand this question might offend some of you. if you are offended please excuse me...i need the information, so i have to ask

Dr. FS

2. mod_DO

mod_DO New Member

Well, I know alot of DOs, they all make the same amount of money as MDs. In the field MDs and DOs are same. I know a DO who is a cardiologist, doesn't matter DO MD same.

DOs can anywhere and everywhere an MD can work. Salary is same. (everywhere includes Emergency Dept.)

Be a DO only because you want to be, not because you have no choice.

3. Floydman175

Floydman175 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Emergency Medicine is actually one of the few fields where MD's and DO's are seen as near equals in all aspects of the job. My uncle is a DO who works as an ER doc. I think part of it has to do with many ER's becoming primary care providers for inner city people who don't really have access to other doctors