hybrid21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
Hey guys,

Well I'm planning to take the MCATs in August, however am getting very different concerns from everyone because of the scheduale I'm planning to take while I prepare for the MCATs.
Here is what I'm planning to take:

1. Organic Chemistry II
2. Physics II LAB
3. One Psychology Class (A must since I can't squeeze it in the upcoming FALL and WINTER semesters)
4. Princetone Review Class for the MCAT

I told myself it'll be doable but everyone else has the opposite opinion.
Just figured what you guys had to say.

Thanks

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
NY
Status
Medical Student
If this is during the summer then God help you!!

hybrid21 said:
Hey guys,

Well I'm planning to take the MCATs in August, however am getting very different concerns from everyone because of the scheduale I'm planning to take while I prepare for the MCATs.
Here is what I'm planning to take:

1. Organic Chemistry II
2. Physics II LAB
3. One Psychology Class (A must since I can't squeeze it in the upcoming FALL and WINTER semesters)
4. Princetone Review Class for the MCAT

I told myself it'll be doable but everyone else has the opposite opinion.
Just figured what you guys had to say.

Thanks

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
How are these classes spread over the summer? Will you take the Psych class during the first summer term, and then Orgo and Physics during the second half of the summer? The MCAT is stressful enough... you really don't want to have any final exams right before you take the MCAT.

Sure it's doable. But not advisable. Try to lighten up your load a little. Or you're going to be one super stressed out kid this summer... I mean, think about it. You're going to be competing with some students who study MCAT stuff like 10 hours a day. How do you think you'll do compared to them?

Aero047

Another among the masses
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Somewhere on earth
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It's not impossible, but as tinkerbell said, it's not advisable. Trying to squeeze all your important classes in one summer, right BEFORE the MCAT's is not wise. I don't think you should take all these classes at once because you're going to burn yourself out.

adiddas125

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
Status
I agree. I have been studying for the April MCAT with only one class since Janurary, but I do not feel prepared at all so I am taking the August one most likely. You need time to prepare for this bear of a test.

Dont take the MCAT until you are personally ready (mentally, academically, and psychologically :laugh: )