Does transferring hurt chances for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walleyealx

Keep on Dreaming...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again!!

Im in my first semester at georgia tech and im thinking about transferring to michigan state (i live in michigan) for non-academic reasons.

I also plan on switching my major to biochem from BME.

The gpa i get at GT does not transfer to MSU, so, do dental schools not like that? Does this hurt my chances of getting into a dental school?

I know its early but im trying to think ahead, i really want this.

Once again, any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello again!!

Im in my first semester at georgia tech and im thinking about transferring to michigan state (i live in michigan) for non-academic reasons.

I also plan on switching my major to biochem from BME.

The gpa i get at GT does not transfer to MSU, so, do dental schools not like that? Does this hurt my chances of getting into a dental school?

I know its early but im trying to think ahead, i really want this.

Once again, any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Transferring to a different school won't hurt your chances of getting accepted. They might casually ask you during the interview why you did so and as long as you dont tell them you punched your professor in the face, you'll be fine. Your gpa won't transfer to MSU but, when your gpa is calculated by AADSAS, all the grades will be lumped into one big GPA.

it'll probably help you out in the long term. switching schools in and of itself won't hurt you. where it'll help you is in the GPA. None of my friends really did well, GPA-wise. This is because Tech has a 2.9 avg gpa or something. You'd have to work harder just to be at the same playing field as your peers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have like four undergrad transcripts and no one has mentioned it so far.