Does U of Virginia screen? Do they wait for verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady in red

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its the only school that i havent heard from.Anybody w/August MCAT/unverified got a secondary?
thanx have a good weekend

Members don't see this ad.

Hi lady,
They DO screen. They state specifically that they won't send you a secondary unless you are "competative". I guess I wasn't ;) ! Oh well... :D

I didn't think UVA screened. I got a secondary invite a month before I even got my Aug MCAT scores (my only scores). And I'm out of state too. Weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
That's about the same time they rejected my A$$! They didn't even wait for my august MCAT. I don't think they like Jersey people down south...
In fact, I'm not even verified... so I have no clue what they rejected me based on... Screw 'em :rolleyes: !

Jargon, were you verified?

Lady in Red,

No, I am not verified yet (I just got redXs this morning :D) I do have a high GPA, so that might explain it (4.0). But if they are screening, I am still surprised that they would send a secondary without any MCAT scores. If you have not received a secondary I would just email or call them and ask about it - nothing to lose after all!

UVa does not screen. They have an on-line secondary, and all they say is that it is "best" to submit AMCAS before filling it out.
I submitted it months ago without even having any MCAT scores. They recently sent me an "app complete" message.

SMW, would you mind sharing the address to that hidden secondary? They said they would send me a link "inviting to complete it", but of course that never happened?

My God, SMW, your post was priceless. I owe you!!!!! I would have never found that thing... thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!
you can ask me any favors :D :D :D (med-school related) :D :D

Glad to help. We old-timers on the site kind of take some things for granted. Just what sort of favors are you in a position to grant? :D

P.S. Good luck with your INS interview. My sister does immigration law, so I have an idea what you go through.

Well, lets see..what favors? Anything, as long as it is not sex or money :D :D (I am married and I don't have any money). :p

hey everyone
i'm in the same boat--uva is the only school i haven't gotten a secondary from, but i submitted nearly three months ago (not to mention i went there undergrad and am in-state!). from talking to them over the phone, they said that they are not screening primaries, but they won't accept a secondary until they get the verified electronic version of your amcas app. i was basically told to wait until they get another transmission from amcas... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'd go ahead and submit the secondary. I got an e-mail notice that my app was complete virtually the minute my AMCAS app was verified. They and Pittsburgh were great about sending app complete notices very quickly.

lady in red, have you heard from uva yet? i talked to beth bailey sometime last week, and she said there was some problem with people who applied in august and that she had talked to her amcas contact and they were supposed to take care of it by sometime last week...but alas, still no word :( it's the only school i have yet to hear from...and it's my first choice... :( :( :(