Does UCLA reject people post-interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by barb, Mar 26, 2002.

1. barb

barb Senior Member

Does anyone know if they offer waitlist spots and if so,how many? Or do they reject the majority of the people they don't accept? My app is with the committee right now and I'm driving myself crazy with the possibilities.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. barb

barb Senior Member

4. Avi

Avi Junior Member

My interviewer told me that UCLA has two wait-lists: one from which you have no chances of getting in (this is reserved for people that the University is embarrased or unwilling to send a letter of rejection, i.e. Dean's nephew etc.) and another, which, if you're on, you're chances are pretty good. Thus, I assume that they do reject people post-interview.

5. barb

barb Senior Member

Since I'm not the Dean's nephew (or niece), does that mean if I get waitlisted, things are looking pretty good? (I have not been waitlisted yet, I am just being paranoid and mildly freaking out).

6. McEntrye

McEntrye Senior Member

I have heard numbers like
    Total UCLA Interviews: 600
    Total accepted 210
    Matriclate 112

So a certain number will get waitlisted and then get in. A number of people might get rejected after review, or they may waitlist everyone, I don't know. In any case they are taking their time, I have been waiting about a month since interview, but we will see. You will find other posts where applicants have been accepted a number of months post interview. I think April 15 is some sort of D-Day though, where you will certainly hear something.
    Good luck!