Does UIC Screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessiemmc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from UIC to complete their secondary. I didn't do that great on the MCAT, so I am wondering if I should fill this secondary out or not? If they do screen I would fill it out, but if they don't screen I think I would save the money and time from applying there due to my MCAT score.
Anyone know?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Jessiemmc said:
I just received an email from UIC to complete their secondary. I didn't do that great on the MCAT, so I am wondering if I should fill this secondary out or not? If they do screen I would fill it out, but if they don't screen I think I would save the money and time from applying there due to my MCAT score.
Anyone know?

Thanks!

I think that they must screen or else they wouldn't have waited for our MCAT scores to send us a secondary.

evajaclynn said:
I think that they must screen or else they wouldn't have waited for our MCAT scores to send us a secondary.

i dont think they screen. i know a few ppl who got their secodary before they got their mcat score (first time takers).

Members don't see this ad :)
chitown82 said:
i dont think they screen. i know a few ppl who got their secodary before they got their mcat score (first time takers).

It seems a strange coincidence to me that I got my secondary from them today, when I received all my other secondaries in early August. I guess that I'm not really sure what their strategy is then! :rolleyes:

evajaclynn said:
It seems a strange coincidence to me that I got my secondary from them today, when I received all my other secondaries in early August. I guess that I'm not really sure what their strategy is then! :rolleyes:

I also received their REAL secondary today (long document downloaded from website). However, I thought had I was complete there before now, because I filled out some random biographical info on their site in August after they received my primary, which I thought was the extent of their secondary.

So, I think they screen, and if you received an email now after they got your MCAT, you passed the filter :).

I'm starting to think they don't screen from looking at other threads on this forum. Plus I don't think I would fill it out anymore after hearing that they send an email ,after you think you are complete, with MORE essays to fill out. That is super weird.

you must have a 2.8 and 23 mcat to get a UIC secondary. they do screen.