Does University of Miami sign outside the match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

OBfan

Just wondering if anyone knows this information. I spoke over the phone with the residency coordinator and she told me that they have a lot of foreign docs so i was kind of assuming that they are familiar with signing foreigners outside of the match.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone knows this information. I spoke over the phone with the residency coordinator and she told me that they have a lot of foreign docs so i was kind of assuming that they are familiar with signing foreigners outside of the match.

Thanks

Considering the number of applications they probably get, I doubt it. They probably can pick and choose thanks to their location. But, I could well be wrong.

have u got an invite there? i am waiting to here from them. i have been on one of their grand rounds. dont know much else about their program but I do like Miami an awful lot after the neuro rotation i did in miami beach.

of course u know only IMGs and DOs r eligible for prematches. one prog i know about does not do the match. only prematches. however when i went there i saw one AMG (not sure if she was a DO or not.) hmmmm....

Members don't see this ad :)
from what i was told there is a bunch of AMG's there and the best of foreign grads...

Thanks for some of the responces. So basically you guys are saying that it is a pretty competitive program to get into. If it is a competitive program why doesnt anyone post anything about the program on SDN?

I interviewed at University of Miami recently. I can tell you that the program's chief resident is a D.O. and there are a good mix of IMGs and regular M.D. and D.O. grads as well. It is a very good program and according to the residents not an "easy" psychiatry residency. Though, many still have time to themselves and life outside of residency. I really liked the program overall, and you can't beat being in Miami. Ofcourse, I went to med school down here as well and am originally from Chicago so I may be bias. Anyways, they are still sending out invitations for interviews every week or so...I don't know if they prefer any certain kind of applicant. But I know they have tons of money for research in the department of psych and the new director has made some amazing changes and started some excellent new "tracks" for psych residents including psychotherapy concentration and global health(for those who want international psychiatry exposure in various countries)...u can even have the option to get your PhD in Neuroscience or M.PH degree as a psych resident with some of their programs. Very nice program and worth a visit or application...if for anything for the trip to miami and south beach!!:thumbup: