Does where you get your bachelors and discipline taken into acount by the ADCOMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lee9786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that programs generally like to have some diversity within their program. I wonder if a B.S. in Kinesiology generally holds more weight than other degrees though. I have an A.S. Business Administration and a B.S. in Nutrition Science. I wonder if these degrees will looked favorably upon by the Adcoms and improve my chances of getting into a program.

Also with the application process to the schools, do the adcoms take into consideration the classes taken throughout your entire transcript or focus primarily on the prerequisites? I've taken 80% of my prereqs outside of attaining my B.S. On the road to the bachelors I've taken a number of science-oriented classes in the 400 level range and have done very well. I wonder if success in these classes would be taken into account.

When all is said and done I will have taken 185 credits to attain two degrees and the prerequiites required for PT school. The first 60 credits averaged about a 3.2 GPA, the remaining credits average about a 3.9. I wonder if this improvment in performance will be taken into account.

Thanks for all your help. Any insight is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my B.S. in Kinesiology but I don't think that has more weight than, let's say for example, your degree. The adcoms want you to do well in the pre-reqs, but they definitely take all of your classes/gpa's into account because those are important and reflect your hard work as well!