Does where you get your bachelors and discipline taken into acount by the ADCOMS

lee9786

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I've heard that programs generally like to have some diversity within their program. I wonder if a B.S. in Kinesiology generally holds more weight than other degrees though. I have an A.S. Business Administration and a B.S. in Nutrition Science. I wonder if these degrees will looked favorably upon by the Adcoms and improve my chances of getting into a program.

Also with the application process to the schools, do the adcoms take into consideration the classes taken throughout your entire transcript or focus primarily on the prerequisites? I've taken 80% of my prereqs outside of attaining my B.S. On the road to the bachelors I've taken a number of science-oriented classes in the 400 level range and have done very well. I wonder if success in these classes would be taken into account.

When all is said and done I will have taken 185 credits to attain two degrees and the prerequiites required for PT school. The first 60 credits averaged about a 3.2 GPA, the remaining credits average about a 3.9. I wonder if this improvment in performance will be taken into account.

Thanks for all your help. Any insight is appreciated.

Akiramay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
Chicago
Status
Physical Therapist
I received my B.S. in Kinesiology but I don't think that has more weight than, let's say for example, your degree. The adcoms want you to do well in the pre-reqs, but they definitely take all of your classes/gpa's into account because those are important and reflect your hard work as well!