Does your school offer an advanced physical diagnosis course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pemulis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working with a faculty member at my school to try to design a fourth year elective in physical dx--sort of an advanced follow up to the course we take in the pre-clinical years on the basics of the physical exam. I know that some schools offer courses like this already. If you know of one, I would greatly appreciate if you could post or PM me the school name, the title of the course, and, if such exists, a link to the course website. Or if you can offer some descriptions of how it's run (i.e. block elective v. longitudinal; lectures v. workshops v. phys dx rounds; textbooks used if any; etc) that would be great. Just trying to get some ideas of how other schools design such courses.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes -- advanced physical diagnosis at our school is called radiology.

At our school we have OSCEs every quarter. A week before the osce we meet at school and do a pre-osce which is pretty much two day of what to ask and physical exam for common complaints with a standardized patient and groops of 5 students with one resident "lecturing"