Does your school teach for the boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAMAN

Air Jordan Collector
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many schools out there(if any) specifically tailor their lectures towards boards.

Members don't see this ad.

UCLAMAN said:
Just wondering how many schools out there(if any) specifically tailor their lectures towards boards.

My school likes to think they do.

But realistically, no, they don't :rolleyes:

Stinger86 said:
My school likes to think they do.

But realistically, no, they don't :rolleyes:

and where do you go to?

and ya...like stinger's answer...i am looking for realistic answers...not necessarily how the school "claims" it teaches.

just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are Northwestern? Don't worry - boards prep is really strong there, from what I hear. I heard the average on the step 1 is usually above a 230, which is really good.

ktat72 said:
You are Northwestern? Don't worry - boards prep is really strong there, from what I hear. I heard the average on the step 1 is usually above a 230, which is really good.

theres a difference between having "strong boards prep" and having smart people in your class who could rock 260 even if you made them read Faulkner for all of 1st and 2nd year. a good step 1 avg does not necessarily mean "strong boards prep."

so i'm curious if there are any schools out there that actually put a strong emphasis on board topics.