Doesn't it suck when......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You get rejected by your #1 choice state school without even an interview offer? Uuuuggghh! Worse yet, if that state school happens to be your alma mater. Damn it's annoying me now. It was UF by the way. I mean on the flip side I should be thankful that I have had other interview invites, one of those to a school ranked well above UF. I'm lookin to stay in FL but I've only gotten love from the northeast. Oh well there is still hope with UM, FSU, and USF. Thanks for letting me vent.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the rejection from UF today too. +pissed+

It kind of ticked me off, but I have come to realize that I probably would choose USF over them anyway because I loved everything I saw there, from the city to the hospitals and the faculty and administration. USF has been, by far, the best school I've visited so far.

I have not heard from UM yet. I would choose USF over UM too, most likely, but It pisses me off that UM has not invited me to an interview since I was an undergrad there. All of my LORs were from people who are Biochem professors for the med students, but I guess there is something about me keeping them from making a decision on whether or not to interview me. I did not apply to FSU though.

It sucks to be a resident of Florida since there are so few schools here, yet its one of the bigger states.

I got my little Florida rejection today too:( . I know that I did not stand much of a chance with my being an out of state resident, but it still hurts.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys. i go to UF too but i'm a GA resident so i didn't apply here for med school. I'm sorry yall didn't get accepted but personally i couldn't stand another four years in Gainesville myself. the med school here seems really cocky and arrogant in my opinion--the admissions seems to think UF med school is some divine place that's better than everywhere else. do you guys know about the whole thing last year how they rejected too many people and then had to rescind rejections to fill their class? the one person i know who went to UF med school last year was a total snob in my opinion.

However, i have 2 really nice friends who started USF this year and I think tampa seems a much nicer city anyway. They're pretty happy there. so you never know...these things usually work out for the best :)

But you're right, I do think Florida needs another med school considering its size. Too bad we get the newest, least reputable one around...FSU!!! good luck with Miami and USF for those of you who want to stay in FL...I'm going back north to the south!

Dude, Screw UF.

Although I didn't get a rejection letter from them like other people have. It is my alma mater and they rejected me last year from their school where I graduated with highest honors. They are very cocky bastards and it bit them in the ass last year.

This year I got accepted to USF and I strongly believe that USF is a better medical school due to the clinical experience you get at Tampa which UF can't touch. Although they try with that UF Jacksonville thing.

I stongly believe that the last two years of medical school are the most important ones. And at USF you will have a more varied and much more clinical opportunities due to the large city of Tampa. Plus I think that Tampa is cooler than Gainesville. AFter 4 years in gainesville, you pretty much have done everything there is to do. Plus our football team sucks now without spurrier. Anyway, I think that the reason UF is ranked above USF is because of research and the fact that USF is a relatively new school and it takes time to build up a reputation.

Well said PelicanMan:clap:
My sentiments exactly. I know too many good people who have been screwed by UF and have gone to USF and loved it.