Dog avatars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HouseHead

Powdered Floor Queen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been noticing that a lot of us have dog avatars. How's about all of us with dog avatars post an explaination of who their avatar dog is?
My avatar dog is Lilikoi, my 1 y.o. rescued mutt.
Anyone???

Members don't see this ad.

I love golden retrievers and had a beloved golden for many years. My avatar is a cute picture that i found on the internet of a golden puppy dressed up in clothes. :)

i have an extremely cool horse avatar...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is a picture of my dog "Merlin." I rescued him from the shelter four years ago and he's been my best friend the entire time.

hi!
how do you get a picture of your dog in an avatar? for that matter, how do you get an avatar? i'm not really good with computers and am jealous of you all with your cute dogs posted.

The one on the left is Kenya - my wife's Basenji. The one on the right is Murphy, my Lab.

abw - you have to scan a picture of your dog, then upload it to the SDN server in order to use it as an avatar.

- Tae

Meet Scratch, the more active half of the Scratch & Sniff dynamic duo. I mated their parents, and have basically handled them every day of their life.

My avatar is a monkey, but he's damn crazy so don't mess with him or put him down cuz he's not a dog. If i did have a dog that was an avatar it would be this one:

brandy.jpg

OMFG! That is toooooooooooooooo funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Is that the same dog that was on Letterman (same night as Dave Chappelle?)?

As for how to get a pic into an avatar- I think there was something about it in the help section or something. I don't quite remember how I did mine, except that I had to keep dinking around with the original picture to get it down to the right shape and file size.