DOH! Columbia Deadline Passed..What NOW?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

standoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just realized I made the extremely boneheaded mistake
of misreading Columbia's deadline as midnight tonight, not
midnight LAST night... When I tried to access my application
it was not available and the note said deadline passed.
Of course I am a complete idiot since I was basically done
a week ago, but wanted to proofread my essay ... man
now I can't even turn the application in.:eek:

So what to do now? Should I just call the admissions office
tomorrow and beg for a chance to submit? Does this even
work? let me know what you think

Standoc

Members don't see this ad.

Yea they did till Sunday Oct 27 at midnight.
But I just realized that technically sunday
midnight means between sat and sun
and not sun and mon like I had thought...

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Are you serious?!? Oh my God! I was just about to finish mine! Oh crap....

::that really sucks::

edit: 6:34pm

Okay, now that I've calmed down..there are a LOT of people on the Columbia med message board talking about this as well, so I hopefully they'll be really nice about helping us out. I'm going to finish it up in Word anyway and cross my fingers! :)

Karen

I suggest you call Columbia.

The lady (I forgot her name? Leanne? margaret?) haha
she is a sweetheart. Explain what happend and she will most likely let you turn it in or reaccess your application.

But yeah, they are a bunch of really nice people.
:clap:

aahhhh! me too. i didn't even catch the midnight thing of yesterday versus today until i read this post. i just logged on hoping to see if anyone had the same dilemma. i sent an email through their technical support. well, glad to hear there are other procrastinators out there like me. good luck to everyone. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That was kinda boneheaded of them to make the deadline at midnight especially on the night the time changed. Miami used to have our preferred registration deadline at 12midnight but they had so many problems with this exact thing that they changed it to 11:59PM. I have to admit that I probably would have flubbed it up too. I bet they'll make an exception. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

sistakaren . . . where is the columbia med message board?

Thanks guys...I'll call up the admissions office tomorrow and ask them. It sounds like since so many people are in this boat we should all be okay.

Standoc

i'm in that same boat... i wanted to cry... but then i realized i probably wouldn't get in anyways... but hey, its worth a shot to call em up and ask