Doing research at another institution?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolmyname

Lord Have MRSA
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with doing research at another school besides the one they study at? It seems most schools don't like to include students from other schools, kind of understandable, but then again I have never heard that to be true. Could you guys give me some perspective? Also if anyone knows of any such programs in CA I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with doing research at another school besides the one they study at? It seems most schools don't like to include students from other schools, kind of understandable, but then again I have never heard that to be true. Could you guys give me some perspective? Also if anyone knows of any such programs in CA I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

My PI does take in students that attend other universities that come home (to our area) for the summer if they are strong students and express an interest in working in the lab. I'm sure it just depends on the lab.