1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Doing Research....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by the moose, Jan 13, 2002.

1. the moose

the moose Member
    7+ Year Member

How important is it to have some research experience?...does it really matter that the research be in sciences or is it okay if research is done is anthropology, etc?...also i'm having trouble getting a research position...i know where to look and whom to talk to (such as professors), but how do I go about approaching a future research position?, for example how do i make myself standout, etc....thanks guys

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Howdy.... If you want to stand out, then do something you absolutely love to do. If your cup of tea is research, then all the more power for you....

Just today, I found out a fellow colleague left his band as a lead guitarist to pursue his career in medical school.... I'm not sure whether or not that came out during the medical school interview but that would be something that I'm sure would have made my colleague stand out.

The point is do something you want to do and that will shine in your interview.... Good luck to you in your search for a professor to do research with.

Just my two cents ;)