USMLE Doing two consecutive NBMEs to stimulate real exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.serotonin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets say we create a situation mimicking real test by purchasing 2 NBMEs and doing them in one session so that we can prepare ourselves for the real deal. this thing just dawned on me , plz share your valuable suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't recommend 2 NBMEs since each is 200 questions. You don't want to do 400 questions. What you can do is do an NBME and then take 109 questions from UWorld right after that simulate the 309 questions you'll get on the real deal.

Reactions: 1 users
Lets say we create a situation mimicking real test by purchasing 2 NBMEs and doing them in one session so that we can prepare ourselves for the real deal. this thing just dawned on me , plz share your valuable suggestions

I wouldn't recommend it. Use UWorld blocks to generate endurance if you need. But do one NBME per day. I've read from those who've done two on the same day that they've generally felt burned out toward the end and didn't end up trying or thinking as clearly/hard, and it backfired. The NBMEs are really valuable, so focus hard completing and reviewing one per day. Once again, if endurance if something you're concerned about, use QBank questions to get you there, or if you've exhausted them, you'll be fine quite honestly, since your adrenaline will carry you through on the real deal anyway.

Reactions: 1 users