tryingagain

Soon to have no life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Land of Enchantment
Visit site
Status
What in the he[[ is the purpose of this $hit. I mean, if I change a few $ymbols in my f899in post is that then ok?

I just don't under$tand it. I mean just because we put a symbol in place of the s does not change the meaning of the word; either connatatively or denotatively. So what the he<! are people doing this for? I just don't get it.

I think you should either be able to cuss freely under your first amendment right or there should be no cu$$ing at all. Frankly, I don't give a $hit which one it is. But there definitely should be either a rule against it or allowing it. These symbols are so elementary and annoying.

These symbols is really starting to ANNOY me and pi$$ me off!!!

OP
T

tryingagain

Soon to have no life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Land of Enchantment
Visit site
Status
See, when I put two symbols for the l's in "hell" it did something weird to my post!!!!

rae-chill

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
NY
www.xanga.com
Status
aren't you quite pi$$y...
maybe you should just relax and sh!t and not get so f*cking worked up about the symbol substitution thing...
i mean what the he]]!
heh.
i have been known to do it on occasion to avoid being censored - some places will actually bleep out curse words or anything remotely curseword like (i once got "prick" bleeped out - wtf?) i want my curse words to be seen dammit...

:love:

About the Ads
OP
T

tryingagain

Soon to have no life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Land of Enchantment
Visit site
Status
I agree. No one is forcing people to come into this forum and read these posts.

I am not being pissy, I am trying to make a point. I just don't understand what is the difference between

HELL

and

HE**

I mean we both know what both of the words are right? We both know that they are "curse" words. So why is the symbol-substituted word more politically correct than the actual English word? I just don't get it.

Frankly, I think its silly. There is absolutely NO difference whatsoever. This is just some type of social conditioning to do the "politically correct" thing even though it is EXACTLY the same as the "un-politically correct" thing. Just silly and stupid.

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
this is definitely not something to get god dammed worked up over. I mean ****ing ****. What the hell? We should all just relax a bit. Maybe if we all yelled penis really loud we'd fell better.

[/test]

OP
T

tryingagain

Soon to have no life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Land of Enchantment
Visit site
Status
PENIS!!!!!!!

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status
i sort of agree. this is an adult forum (not many kids browse pre-health forums :)) so i don't see what the big deal with cursing is.

MaybeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2002
415/510...CA
Visit site
Status
He!! Mother F*ckin' yeah, right on Street Philospher. I catch your fu(kin' drift! There isn't any [email protected] kid$(oh...wait maybe I didn't have to use a symbol there :laugh:!) browsing these forums. F*CK, $HIT, @$$, BIT(H!!! :laugh: :laugh:!!! OH, THIS THREAD WILL PROBABLY GET MOVED OUT OF THIS FORUM SOON!!

About the Ads