Dollars for Canadians...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubcredfox

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...having just gotten into US med school (yay!!! :) ), I'm now starting to really prod my financial options - sortof like poking a dead dog with a stick...

To all the Canadians/Internationals out there - how are you affording your educational costs? Please be as specific as possible i.e. which types of loans, from what banks, line of credits, equity from parents home etc

Oh, and since it is a private school, i'm looking at about $36,000/yr in tuition costs.

-UBCRedFox

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not gonna be able to be too specific, but I know that there are a number of options as far as loans are concerned. The main ones that I remember are TerriLoans, CANhelp and RBC Medical School Loans (these might not be the actual names.) Look them up and you should be able to find them. A combination of these loan programs or even maybe just one of them should be enough to cover the entire cost of your medical education.

Where did you get accepted! What were your stats! :)

Gavanshir said:
I'm not gonna be able to be too specific, but I know that there are a number of options as far as loans are concerned. The main ones that I remember are TerriLoans, CANhelp and RBC Medical School Loans (these might not be the actual names.) Look them up and you should be able to find them. A combination of these loan programs or even maybe just one of them should be enough to cover the entire cost of your medical education.

Where did you get accepted! What were your stats! :)

I hope those RBC loans will fly for US schools - I've heard that they will grant them for you - i really hope so. that would be great money.

I got into DARTMOUTH!!! I loved that school, and it would be an absolute dream to go there. My stats are Overall GPA: 3.58 with an MCAT of 36Q. My extracurriculars include overseas volunteering, 2.5 years in HIV/AIDS with varying involvment, tutoring, 3 hospital wards over 1.5 yrs etc.

Hope that helps you :) ha ha..thanks for the lone info