Program-Specific Info / Q's Dominican University of California - MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCGTOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Dominican University for Fall 2018?
Did you hear anything in-regards to upcoming interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I also applied to Dominican and haven't heard back just yet

Hi! I haven't heard anything back either. It says we should in February, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I haven't heard anything back either. It says we should in February, right?

That's what it looks like. This is what I got from their website:

"December 2017 - February 2018: Application file review period
Ongoing: Applicant interviews (<- does this mean between now to February?)
February 2018 Notification of admission, priority waitlist, and denials"

Will we get an interview before our notification of admission? Or, will they flat-out reject us once February hits, and we didn't receive an interview yet?

That's what it looks like. This is what I got from their website:

"December 2017 - February 2018: Application file review period
Ongoing: Applicant interviews (<- does this mean between now to February?)
February 2018 Notification of admission, priority waitlist, and denials"

Will we get an interview before our notification of admission? Or, will they flat-out reject us once February hits, and we didn't receive an interview yet?

You know, I'm actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully it's the former!

Has anyone applied to Dominican University for Fall 2018?
Did you hear anything in-regards to upcoming interviews?

Update: I just got notified of an interview!

Hi. I also got emailed an invitation for an interview a few hours ago. For February!

Me as well. :)
At 2/9/18.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Trying to find info on the MSOT class size at Dominican. Anyone know that number? Interview happens this coming Saturday!

How does everyone feel the interview went??

Trying to find info on the MSOT class size at Dominican. Anyone know that number? Interview happens this coming Saturday!

Based on the information from the website, I would assume the class size is between 20 - 30 students (I did recall a graduation rate somewhere in the website, but I can't find it anymore, hahah). The last class had about 27 students, and it's increasing every year.

How does everyone feel the interview went??

I felt that I did well in the interview! But, to be honest, it's all up in the air now. Fingers crossed that we'll get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my acceptance letter! :D It was rather quick, but I'm excited!

Reactions: 1 users

Congratulations! I also had an interview last Friday and am waiting to hear back. What do you think of the program?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I also had an interview last Friday and am waiting to here back. What do you think of the program?
I’m also waiting to hear back after Friday!

I received my acceptance yesterday at 5 PM! I had my interview on Saturday. If anyone makes a facebook group please post the link! :)

Congratulations! I also had an interview last Friday and am waiting to here back. What do you think of the program?

The program is three years, and I like how things aren't rushed. I also like the faculty-to-student ratio. I prefer smaller classes as well.

I received my acceptance yesterday at 5 PM! I had my interview on Saturday. If anyone makes a facebook group please post the link! :)

Congratulations as well~ YES, SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE ONE (I need to be situated in housing for the next two to three years, LOL).

Just received my acceptance letter as well! Congrats everyone!

I interviewed Friday at 9:45 and I received my acceptance last night at 5pm also!

I interviewed Friday at 9:45 and I received my acceptance last night at 5pm also!
This site won't let me post a link, but I made a group under "Dominican University of California MSOT - Fall 2018"

This site won't let me post a link, but I made a group under "Dominican University of California MSOT - Fall 2018"

Just got my acceptance letter this morning :)

Hi all,
I'm trying to decide between University of Puget Sound and Dominican. I'm feeling pressured since DU requires a decision 10 days from receiving the acceptance email and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other program! I've been comparing programs and am wondering about the difference in the number of units required (UPS 14.5 and DU 80). Does anyone know why some programs require more units than others? Are there advantages for having completed more units? I'll likely ask the academic advisors for clarification but just wanted put this out there to see if anyone can comment.

Thanks! Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend :)

Hi all,
I'm trying to decide between University of Puget Sound and Dominican. I'm feeling pressured since DU requires a decision 10 days from receiving the acceptance email and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other program! I've been comparing programs and am wondering about the difference in the number of units required (UPS 14.5 and DU 80). Does anyone know why some programs require more units than others? Are there advantages for having completed more units? I'll likely ask the academic advisors for clarification but just wanted put this out there to see if anyone can comment.

If you haven’t received acceptances from other schools, I do suggest paying the deposit and confirming your spot at DUC because you don’t want to be out of luck if you don’t get into UPS. During my interview, the reason DUC has so many units is because of the capstone program. They also have almost all the classes that qualify for a doctorate. They are just missing 4 classes. In the end, it is your choice. To play it safe, I would accept, then reject later if you wanted another school, which is what I’m doing. I reserved a spot but waiting on another school as I rather go there.

If you haven’t received acceptances from other schools, I do suggest paying the deposit and confirming your spot at DUC because you don’t want to be out of luck if you don’t get into UPS. During my interview, the reason DUC has so many units is because of the capstone program. They also have almost all the classes that qualify for a doctorate. They are just missing 4 classes. In the end, it is your choice. To play it safe, I would accept, then reject later if you wanted another school, which is what I’m doing. I reserved a spot but waiting on another school as I rather go there.

Thank you for the response! Thats helpful to know about the units. I was accepted to UPS and should hear back from St. Catherine by the end of the month.

Can anyone tell me how much the deposit is to secure a spot?

Submitted my deposit! Officially attending DU!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! Recently submitted my deposit for DU OT! next order of business is finding housing. Do we have a class page set up already? Can someone link it to me?

Hi everyone! Recently submitted my deposit for DU OT! next order of business is finding housing. Do we have a class page set up already? Can someone link it to me?

I think someone said they made one under "Dominican University of California MSOT - Fall 2018" but I'm having a hard time finding it!

Hi all,

This might be a little late, but UPS has a unique system of counting units. I went there for my bachelors degree. A typical semester class is 1 unit. To convert to standard units, you multiply by four. So a 14.5 unit program would be equivalent to a 58 unit program elsewhere. I am not sure what the rest of the difference is.

I felt a little pressured too, but decided to accept. I am looking forward to attending in the fall.

This might be a little late, but UPS has a unique system of counting units. I went there for my bachelors degree. A typical semester class is 1 unit. To convert to standard units, you multiply by four. So a 14.5 unit program would be equivalent to a 58 unit program elsewhere. I am not sure what the rest of the difference is.

I felt a little pressured too, but decided to accept. I am looking forward to attending in the fall.

Thank you for sharing this!

To ups or du? Congrats!!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

If anyone from this thread can offer any tips or advice on how the DU interview went, that would be great! And since most of you are now in your second semester, can you share your experiences?