Done. =) (DAT score + reviews on studying materials)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, finally done.:love:

Here are my real DAT score.
PAT 25
QR 29
RC 19
Bio 19
G chem 19
O chem 20
TS 20
AA 21

Not as high as other SDNers :scared:
but I am happy with the result.

Kaplan - yea i took the course. If i were you i'll save up that money for applications :thumbdown:
not that their program is bad, but there are other resources that are cheaper and more helpful than the expensive course. If you don't have to worry about the $ then i would say go for it because it actually makes you study.

but the blue book was helpful.

Destroyer - the best of all. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: it's definitely a GOOD resource VERY VERY GOOD.

Topscore - pretty good to know where you are...biology wasn't as comparable as other sections though...gen chem and o chem were pretty comparable. PAT was BAD!!!! QR was similar. Many people said reading is wayyyyyy easy compared to the real one, but i thought they are similar in difficulty. It was just that real one had more tone, main idea questions.

Achiever - I got this like few days before my test, so I couldn't utilize it as much as other materials, but I could tell Achiever was way too harder than the real one.

Crack dat pat - this is all you need for PAT section like other SDNers said. :thumbup:

Crack dat math - When I took DAT last year, timing was the biggest problem in QR section, and this thing helped me a BUNCH. I am quite happy with my QR score.

Here are my practice scores

Crack dat pat
test 1 = 21
test 2 = 22
test 3 = 18
test 4 = 21
test 5 = 23
test 6 = 22
test 7 = 21
test 8 = 20
Angles and hole punches are easier on the real one, and other sections are pretty similar

Crack dat math
test 1 = 20
test 2 = 22
test 3 = 28
test 4 = 22
test 5 = 22
test 6 = 23
real one was easier than crack dat.

my topscore scores are not available right now, but practice score was much lower than the real score.

I feel like i'm repeating what other people said, but i hope this is helpful to someone :)

Good luck everyone:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Amazing. Are you naturally good at qr on did you have to work at it? I take my test Monday...any advice (even though i've been through the process)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice!!! Thanks for the info, I find them to be very helpful. Goodluck with dental school...

Thank you =)

Amazing. Are you naturally good at qr on did you have to work at it? I take my test Monday...any advice (even though i've been through the process)?

I don't think i'm naturally good at qr, but yea i was somewhat shocked when i saw the score. As you can tell from my practice scores, i expected to get around 22ish. Anyway.
Advice - I couldn't stop studying the day before DAT, but it did not help me at all. I now think it could've been better if i relaxed for the day before DAT cuz nothing i studied on the day came up on DAT. haha
oh and I recommend you not to take a practice exam. This only freaks you out! I was depressed the whole day saying to myself i'm going to do horrible and end up having to take the test again. Don't do that!!!!!!:scared:
the real one is easier than topscore and achiever, so there is no reason to be freaked out by lower-than-you-expected scores.
Last one...:sleep: sleep well =) GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

Dude great job! All your scores are up there.

How long did you study for?

Are you generally good at bio? I ask because most people say KBB is not that great for bio and you need to get other sources (like cliff's ap or schaums) yet your score is pretty good. What helped prepare you most for that section?

Good scores and wow in QR and great PAT too. I'm not trying to burst your bubble here and i'm sure that adcoms will definitely notice the near perfect QR score but how much will it help (say against someone who has 21s across the board) considering QR is overlooked or considered the least important section? Any opinions?

Last edited: