Done with Cliffs and Destroyer BIO, but no Feralis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSNCSUN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anybody here who has taken the DAT recently could give some advice that would be fantastic. I just finished cliffs and bio destroyer but decided not to invest time in feralis. Feralis notes are so popular on this forum but does the real DAT really go into details that ferlis goes into. When skimming through I saw there are some extreme details about the skin system or ear anatomy. I would appreciate an input on this topic. thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't use Feralis' notes and basically focused on Destroyer. Worked well for me as some questions were basically word for word out of Destroyer.

Reactions: 1 user
I only used Cliffs and Destroyer and did well. Anatomy is the one subject that I felt was not covered enough in these two sources, but if you've taken the class you should be fine.

I only used Cliffs and Destroyer and did well. Anatomy is the one subject that I felt was not covered enough in these two sources, but if you've taken the class you should be fine.
I haven't taken anatomy. So what are we talking about here? All the bones or what? thanks for the reply

Members don't see this ad :)
I recall one question on my exam that showed up on Feralis but could not find it in Cliffs, I haven't checked Bio destroyer though. Feralis is basically a condensed version of Cliffs and fills in some gaps that are missing in cliffs. I'm sure you will do fine without feralis, but you never know with the randomness of the DAT exam.

I didn't finish destroyer bio but read through feralis notes after cliffs/q vault/bootcamp tests and i found it extremely helpful. it actually saved me on a question on the test

I haven't taken anatomy. So what are we talking about here? All the bones or what? thanks for the reply
Just completely random terms

It could be anything in anatomy really, not sure if there is a way to narrow it down. Honestly if it were me I would just stick to Cliffs and Destroyer and hope that you don't get any random anatomy questions that you don't know. There probably wouldn't be more than one of these questions anyway, not sure it is worth studying every possible term for.

Last edited:
Didn't use Feralis' notes and basically focused on Destroyer. Worked well for me as some questions were basically word for word out of Destroyer.
How did you utilize destroyer, I read cliffs and make study guides but I feel like I haven't retained it will. I started destroyer this week and was wondering if I understood the concepts and material for destroyer if I should even focus on cliffs or ferallis notes??

How did you utilize destroyer, I read cliffs and make study guides but I feel like I haven't retained it will. I started destroyer this week and was wondering if I understood the concepts and material for destroyer if I should even focus on cliffs or ferallis notes??
I made giant fact sheets for every topic and then made notes on every single thing I didn't understand or was unsure of. I read this over and over until everything was second nature. It was probably 50 pages long or so in a word doc.

I made giant fact sheets for every topic and then made notes on every single thing I didn't understand or was unsure of. I read this over and over until everything was second nature. It was probably 50 pages long or so in a word doc.
Wow, that's awesome! So you didn't supplement it with cliffs or ferallis at all?? Would you say there's topics that were missed on the real DAT or did destroyer cover majority. I have about 2.5 weeks left before my test.

Wow, that's awesome! So you didn't supplement it with cliffs or ferallis at all?? Would you say there's topics that were missed on the real DAT or did destroyer cover majority. I have about 2.5 weeks left before my test.
I read Cliff's but didn't take any notes on it. I did the little quizzes after each chapter or whatever. Destroyer covered 99% of the things I saw. Honestly, I never would have gotten the score I received (21) without it. Questions about the most random things (like jawless fish on my exam) show up and that's where Destroyer shines.

I didn't read Feralis notes at all and barely used my Destroyer for biology; I just read CliffsAP and took notes on anything new that was hard to remember, like the female reproductive cycle, plant roots, etc. That was enough for me to score well. I think going any further is going to have diminishing returns, i.e. you read 20 pages for maybe one question you will see. I'd focus on Chem and QR instead after you read Cliffs.