Don't even HAVE a school list. Where to start? And how to include travel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just got my MCAT scores back, and I'm feeling pretty on the fence about it.

TOTAL = 512 = 88%
Chemistry = 127 = 79%
CARS = 127 = 83%
Biology = 127 = 78%
Psychology = 131 = 99%

I wasn't quite expecting the Psychology score to be so high, though I'm also not surprised (it's a hobby). What bums me out is how much it inflated my total score. I'm told that med schools don't like to see one very low score, but they say nothing about one very high score above an even spread.

If I recall correctly, this 512 is above average for all matriculates to all medical schools (508), and above average for white matriculates to all medical schools (510), and above average for all matriculates to CA med schools (510.2).

My ultimate goal is to get accepted into "good" UC Medical School. Reasons include financial, and job prospects for my partner.

In anticipation of a bad MCAT score, I reserved myself another seat at the end of May to re-take the exam. I'm also utterly burned out. And so I'm worried that I will be unable to raise CARS, that I could possibly raise Chem and Bio, but that I could just as easily get less lucky on Psych and put in all that work to eek out a tiny gain that probably won't make admissions officers bat an additional eyelash.

I have a 3.36 GPA from an Ivy (class of 2006) and a 4.0 from my Post-Baccprogram (where I completed every single pre-req required for med school plus some extra classes), and a 3.8 from a handful of community college classes I took while still in high school. I don't know what this turns into, but I think it's right there in the range. My 4.0 is obviously my more recent adult academic performance.

I am trying to get an idea of what schools are in my striking range. What my "reach" schools are, and what my "safety" schools are. Not opposed to DO schools. Need to know more about them.

-33-year-old career changer, white, LGBT if that matters.
-Former U.S. National Rowing Team Rowing Trainee for the 2008 Olympics (had to quit due to back surgery--content included in personal statement)
-10 years as a certified personal trainer (hope to include this in personal statement)--including all of the certifications you would expect in yoga, fitness, lifting, human movement, etc. plus all the clients and their related health issues you can imagine.
-almost 2 years as assistant researcher at UCSF Cardiovascular Research Institute (15 hours per week). -Second author on an abstract submitted to a convention.
-1.5 years of 1 day per week volunteering at a out-patient physical therapy clinic. 350+ hrs.
-6 months of 1 day per week volunteering at UCSF Parnassus Hospital. Maybe 75 hrs total.
-5 years of international travel in 37 countries, 30,000 km hitchhiked (not sure where this gets included in application though, but it certainly speaks to being able to deal with different cultures), years of volunteering at alternative health resorts. (someone please advise on whether and how to include this)
-**donated my eggs to help a couple have kids. non-anonymous relationship. get to watch them grow up. pretty neat. probably not that relevant, though. :/

Thoughts on any of this?

UCSF = reach?
Stanford = reach
UCLA = reach or reasonable?
UC Davis = Reasonable?

UC Irvine = Reasonable? or safety? Or what....?

Also, from Seattle originally. University of Washington is on my list, but given out of state applicants not having priority, I'm inclined to call this a "Reach" as well.

How many schools should I apply to?

Someone talk to me. I sound bored and lonely.

Members don't see this ad.

Most successful CA applicants matriculate OOS. You should consider all CA public schools (except UCR, if you have no connection to the IE) and add at least another dozen OOS private schools that match your MCAT (32).
U of WA accepts her OOS candidates from WWAMI contracted affiliates (not CA).
The average applicant applies to 15 schools. CA has little IS preference so you should count all of the CA schools as one application.

What is your AMCAS gpa?
512 is a good score.