Don't have a secondary? CALL THEM!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay,
So I just got off the phone with UCSD Medical School. The only reason I called was because all my friends and people on this site were talking about the San Diego secondary...so I figured it was about time that I would receive it...
The told me they sent it to me over a month ago...and it was past the deadline to turn it in. However, they were nice and said they would send me another one and set a new due date. I am lucky since they sent me a new one, though I will be finishing it a good month behind when I should have had it done by. So if everyone you know seems to have a secondary from a school you are very interested in going to...and you still don't have the application, call them or email them.
Don't bug them :)
But do keep an eye out to make sure your mail wasn't lost in the masses!

Members don't see this ad.

same deal with Temple...people started getting secondaries a while ago and even though I submitted early and got a ton of secondaries in early to mid-july, i still never got temples. i called them and they had no problem sending me another. They were really nice about the whole situation.

called UCSD today, the lady pulled my name up and said the adcoms would be reviewing apps this week to decide on who will get secondaries and I if heard nothing by next week to call back. This may just be due to the fact that I am out of state and my realistic chances of getting in are pretty small. I was kind of hoping they had lost my secondary in the mail as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called, but many of the schools are not even sending out secondaries until they get a completely verified AAMCAS application! What kind of joke is that? I submitted in early July and my app hasn't been touched yet. Despite a relatively early submission date, I'm last in line and won't even get a secondary until its verified.

Is there any way to get a secondary without complete verification so that I can at least make some progress in this arduous process?

I called UCSD too and she said I was 'probably one of the ones under review for secondaries'. Oh man, this makes me nervous.. :(

Andrew

I emailed vandy last week since I had sent in a paper AMCAS copy over 7 weeks ago and had never received the secondary they promised to everybody. A few days later I finally got the secondary notification in the mail--along with an interview invite!

Yeah, CALL!

I hadn't received a secondary from my state school, so I called them Sept 10, The day be for the **** hit the fan (and my brother) in NYC. They said they were sorry, and had sent me an invitation 12 days ago. I was able to walk over to the office that afternoon and get a new secondary package. I completed the secondary last weekend, turned it in yesterday, and now I have an interview next week. So call if you're not sure what's up!

FYI - I got a UCSD secondary by email today. Two days ago I called them to see if they had sent one and to check my application status. They said they received my application and that it was under review for a secondary. I'm not sure if me getting the secondary is related to me calling, but it might be, so if you are in doubt, go ahead and call. Thank you ScoobyDoo. Good luck to all.

Originally posted by mdhopeful:
•FYI - I got a UCSD secondary by email today. Two days ago I called them to see if they had sent one and to check my application status. They said they received my application and that it was under review for a secondary. I'm not sure if me getting the secondary is related to me calling, but it might be, so if you are in doubt, go ahead and call. Thank you ScoobyDoo. Good luck to all.•

This exact same thing happened to me. As you can see above, I called. Then the next day I got the secondary via email. Wacky stuff.

Andrew

I called UCSD the other day too. However, I did not receive the secondary by email. I should prepare myself for my first rejection. Oh well, it would have been nice to be in San Diego, but realisticallly my chances as an out-of-stater were slim to begin with. :(

I called UCLA today to ask about the secondary. The guy that answered said they were a month and a half behind and started laughing (not sure why).

Just curious for those who have received the UCLA secondary....what day did they receive your UC app (according to the online status check)?